Suicidal Deku

***TW warning: Suicide***

"Why don't you pray you'll be born with a quirk in the next life and take a swan dive off the roof of the building!" Kacchan's words that day were ringing through my head. He was right... I was a useless, quirkless, wanna-be hero. I'd never get into U.A. I don't know why his words were hurting so much... I was used to it, but for some reason, they were really affecting me.

     I was standing on the bridge. I normally went to the park for a few hours after school, so my mom wouldn't be worried. I grabbed onto the railing as tears started streaming down my face. "D-dammit..." I wouldn't stop crying, so I let the tears fall down freely. I pulled out a knife and carved my name into the railing. " Izuku 'Deku' Midoriya" is what I wrote. I sighed, putting the knife away.

     I sat on the railing and looked over the water. So many memories of me and Kacchan were flooding my mind. By now I was sobbing. "This is-is the end.. I-I love you, M-mom..." I smiled slightly before I jumped. "Quirkless wanna-be!" "Damn nerd!" "Take a swan dive off the roof!" The last thing I thought about before finally dying was Kacchan. 'I love you Kacchan... too bad you don't love me...'

----------

224 words