Ten Years

Tw warning: Suicide, self harm

     It was years after Deku graduated from UA. He ended up marrying his childhood bully, Bakugo Katsuki aka Kacchan. Deku has to go on a dangerous mission that Kacchan wasn't allowed to go on. It was the day before their 10 year anniversary.
"Deku please, I want to go with you!"
"Kacchan I'm sorry, you can't! You're not allowed to..."
"It's too dangerous for you to go alone!"
"I know... I'll come back okay?"
"But what if you don't!"
     Deku hugged Kacchan tightly as he started to cry.
"Oh Kacchan... don't cry... I love you."
"I-I love you t-too..."
     Deku started to sing to Kacchan. "If I die young, bury me in satin. Lay me down in a, bed of roses... sink me in the river, at dawn... send me away with the words of a love song..." He looked at the time. "I'm sorry babe I have to go now..." He pulls away from the hug and kissed Kacchan for what he feared would be the last time. "Bye..." He left the house.

     It was on the news while Kacchan was taking his dirty dishes to the sink.
"Breaking news: Number one Pro hero Deku died during a dangerous mission. He died in a fire caused by the league of villains Dabi. Reports say that..." There was a sound of shattering glass; Kacchan had dropped his plate. "N-no... He can't..." He started crying and sank to his knees. "N-no! Please, y-you can't- you can't leave me!" He started sobbing. "No no no no no no..." He kept repeating those words.

     The next week was his funeral. It was dark and gloomy that day. Halfway through, it started raining. Everyone was there- His old classmates, his old teachers- everyone he knew. They called Kacchan up to say a few words. He took a shaky breath.

     "Deku... was the love of my life. When I saw he died, I... I was mad. Mad at him that he died, mad at myself that I couldn't have saved him... Mad at Dabi and the league, mad at the people who made him go..." He shook his head as he started to cry. "I-I'm sorry I can't do this..." The funeral continued.

     It was a few months after his death. Kacchan and succumbed to drinking everyday and refusing to leave the house for any reason. He isolated himself from the world. He finally decided he had enough. He went to his bedroom and played the same song Deku had sung to him that morning. He sat on his bed and held the knife to his wrists. "I-I'm coming D-Deku..." He slut his wrists and waited to bleed out.
————-
457 words