Intense Emotion

07
Intense Emotion
Titans Season One: Episode 3

2 weeks had passed since Calvin and Gar returned from the alternate dimension. In those 2 weeks, the boys have spent every waking moment together. It was hard not to, being locked away in a manor with no place else to go.

Calvin spent his days getting to know Gar's family. Everyone was basically the same as the alternate universe. The only differences were the absence of 2 inhabitants. There was no Jane, or Victor.

Another difference Calvin noted, was the fear. These people, this manor, it was riddled with fear. Fear of exposure, of going outside for fresh air, even. Fear of this chief they proclaimed as their savior.

On the upside, Larry being trapped inside for an eternity, made him one hell of a cook. He could make anything. Anything except jollof, not for lack of trying.

All the days seemed to blend together of late. Yet, Calvin was still counting down. Counting the days until Niles returned with the answers he so desperately needed.

Iyanna gave him some insight, but she wasn't his real mom. Only Niles Caulder could answer his true questions.

Calvin sat crisscrossed on the floor of his new bedroom. His elbows rested on his thighs, arms straight up, and palms flat. In one hand, rested a marble and the other was empty.

"Okay," He said to himself. "You got this, Cal, just focus. Find your driving factor."

Calvin stared at the marble in his palm. He glared so hard that he felt pressure behind his eyes. If only his will could match the strength of the universal laws that bound his powers.

He stared the marble down like a witness to a lineup. It felt like hours had passed, but nothing happened. His legs started to fall asleep, pins and needles bouncing about. Still, nothing happened.

The marble stayed in its place.

"Come on you dumb marble, teleport." He growled between clenched teeth.

A knock on the door shook his focus. Gar cracked the door open. "Hey Cal, I brought you--"

"Gar!" He jumped.

The marble vanished in a flash. A thud upon the wooden door sent it shut once more. Calvin rose to his feet quickly. He rushed to the door and pulled it open.

Gar was down on one knee, a plate of rice and plantains in his arms like a precious baby. He covered his face protectively.

"Gar what's wrong?" Calvin asked.

Gar stood up straight. "I was bringing you lunch when, uh, I think it was a marble came flying at me. I think it's stuck in the wall." Gar explained.

Calvin looked over Gar's shoulder. He saw half the marble in the wall. The other half, in his room door.

"Sorry, I was trying to figure out how my powers work." He apologized.

"Did you learn anything new?" Asked Gar. He leaned in a bit. Just enough for Calvin to get a whiff of his musty soap.

Calvin blinked and swallowed hard. The more time he spent around Gar, the harder it became to focus. Especially when he smelled so damned good.

"I..." His eyes traveled to the steaming plate. A smile crept across his lips. "You brought me lunch," He said finally realizing why Gar knocked.