I. Tragedy

The event happened 6 years ago, when (Y/N) had been 14 still living with her parents. Life was peaceful, almost perfect to be exact, you had everything you wanted because your family was rich.

Your family was known for their technology quirk, they invented hero gears for pro heroes. Even some UA students interned at the facility to learn more about making equipment, and
new materials. Sometimes even medication, naturally enhancing quirks was your mother's speciality.

At the time, you were helping them build products or just showing them around, since some students had came out of curiosity. Your mother had been a doctor, she wanted you to focus on your medical studies. Your parents had high expectations for you, an independent business woman who can take over the company.

One student in particular stood out to you, crimson wings with bandages around particular parts of his body. He always looked hurt, more specifically very drained. You overheard that he had been training very hard with the hero commission.

You always tried to talk to him, but he seemed uninterested or bored. Until you offered to make him something. Your parents got pissed that you hadn't charged him for it, but you didn't care about the money.. you wanted to reward him for his hard efforts. You constructed some headphones that protected his ears when he traveled in fast velocities.

You two bonded after that, he would visit you and you would visit him. You didn't have a lot of friends, but neither did he, practically training all the time with an irregular schedule.

"Hey, if you were ever a hero.. what would be your hero name?"

Hawks had always tried to encourage you to join the Hero commission with him, but you said that your parents wouldn't allow it. You were always found studying, even when you were hanging out with Hawks you would have a book or two.

"Battle angel maybe? I've always wanted wings, or uh.. something video game related..."

Hawks was pretty bad at video games, sometimes you would sneak him over to the basement to play. You had a few game consoles hidden from your strict parents, but you two had fun playing even though he was absolutely terrible.

"Kazooie, pick that one that looks like you"

"That's pretty fuckin' rude (Y/N),"

It was an ongoing trope that you would call him 'Kazooie', he didn't like it but he got used to it after awhile.

After some time, he decided to give you a gift. He had gave you some angel winged earrings, you haven't taken them off since. It had been the first gift a friend gave to you. Hopefully you'd reconsider being a hero soon.

—————————————————————-

There had been a bad accident in the facility, whether it had been intentional or not you knew it was the act of a villain. The windows were shattered, and equipment had been torn apart. It was a domino effect, the building started to self destruct and burst into flames.

That was the last day Hawks had heard from you. You texted him,

(Y/N) : thank you for the earrings my friend, farewell this is it

Keigo : wow r u breaking up with me smh

Keigo : jk u dubbed me remember

Keigo : ok i wasnt like.. super mad about it but I understand

Keigo : hey?? hello

You didn't answer after that, it worried him so much that he kept calling your phone until you eventually picked up. The sound of fire popping, and sirens alarmed him.

Your voice had been cracking and wheezing from the smoke, you sounded like you were in pain when you spoke

"We.. we are under attack... something.. exploded and now I can't feel anything..." you tried to force out a chuckle but you coughed instead. Blood dripped out of your mouth, your body impaled by machinery.

"F...fuck I think this is a code blue Kazooie, I'm not oka-" you coughed up more blood

"(Y/N)! I'll call the police just please keep breathing!" Keigo kept you on the line while he called reinforcements. You however lost conscious, as the pain and black smoke overwhelmed your body.
——————————————-
Helicopters and firetrucks came into the scene, surrounding your house. Heroes came to support, searching the building for any evidence. They found your parents' corpse and your body was in critical condition.

Hawks had been waiting in the hospital for you to arrive, crossing his fingers that you'd be fine.. but you didn't arrive in the way he had expected.

You were in a coma, limbs missing with scarring on the face. A small machine had been impaled into your body, doctors had been cautious to remove it afraid of it increasing blood flow.

When you had waken up, you weren't responsive.. heroes had came to visit and try to talk to you but nothing worked. Even Hawks tried to get you to talk, but instead he broke down crying on your torso blaming himself for not calling the ambulance sooner.

Further more in distress, when you were pronounced dead the night of.

You never had a funeral, in fact your body had gone missing from the hospital.

Media had been speculating that a group of villains had been targeting your family to weaken the heroes.
—————————————————-