VI. Liquor

Eventually, using one of his feathers he was able to cheat the lock and open the balcony door.

Hawks had been limping around the apartment searching for you. He had overused his wings so they had been much shorter. A small gash on his right arm, and some blood dripping from his forehead. Golden eyes had been half lidded, visible scratches on his neck and face.

Once his eyes caught your knocked out body, and your laptop streaming cat videos.. He knew that you were drunk. Especially since you 'changed' your appearance with a robotic cat ears with a matching tail.. Your wings must've been detached and laying somewhere in the apartment, but that's not something he should be worrying about right now.

This hasn't been the first time he's seen you like this, first time the two of you got drunk together it was a disaster. Hawks was a flirty drunk, you however didn't have a category it was always something different. You were both underaged at the time, so it was a big secret but you managed to blow it quite easily. Somehow, you managed to talk Hawks into giving you a 'ride' around the building so he did.. However you threw up on him, Hawks lost his balance and you fell breaking your ribs, and left leg.. Grounded for a whole month for being a chaotic drunk.

Hawks had poked your robotic cat ears, they twitched a few times before you rose out of your drunken slumber.

"Nice new look, (Y/N)!" He teased, continuously flicking his fingers onto them.

You groaned, swatting away his hands

" Please be furry careful, my ears are sensitive," Covering your cat ears you hissed at him

Hawks tilted his head, hand on his chin.

"Did you just say furry careful?" He started smirking, until you hit him near the gash on his arm. He whined, huffing at you.

"These cat ears make me speak funny, now go get the first aid kit in the kitchen cabinet fur me." Your tail had started swaying, getting frustrated at him coming over so late injured.

Hawks went over to the kitchen cabinet which hadn't been that far from where you were, opening each cabinet until he found a first aid kit.

"Okay I found it kitty," he waved the box in front of you, making your ears twitch.

"I'll patch you up in the living room, stop treating me like a cat."

"You practically are one.." Hawks walked into the living room and sat onto the sofa.

"So.. how many drinks?" He softly whistled, attempting to make some cat noises to bring you over

"I am not purrunk! Keep testing me and I'll catnip you in the bud and it'll be over for you bird!"

You roughly gripped his arm pouring disinfectant on the open wound without warning. Hawks hissed, biting his lip from the temporary sting.

"Lucky fur you, it's not deep enough to need stitches so I'll just wrap it up."

You reached into the first aid for the bandages, but Hawks decides to pull your chin forward making you drop the box to the side. He was an inch away from your lips, his eyes locked into yours. Your face was flushed before, but even more red because of how close he was to your face. Was.. was he about to kiss you? You closed your eyes, your tail moving in anticipation.

"Yeah I smell at least 4-5 rounds on your breath, rough day huh...? Your apartment is a little messy too.."

His cheeky smile was annoying, but up-close? Even more aggravating to see. He squeezed your face cheeks, forcing you to draw back from his hands.

"K-Keep moving around and I'll rip open your wound even more!"

You threatened him but had still been flustered from his previous actions. Your hands shaking while wrapping the bandages around his arm.

"Soo... what happened today? I'm not surprised that you're a kitty, it suits you better than the angel."
Hawks had teased, flinching at the pressure on his arm while you bandaged it.

"I ran into a shapeshifter who tried getting into your agency as a U.A student, she tried stabbing me and—"

"Wow slow down, a shapeshifter tried to stab you?" Hawks interrupted his eyes widening from shock

"Don't inpurrupt me," you squeezed his arm and he yelped, nudging you away instinctively.

"I was able to pinpoint who it was, she dropped the knife and I scanned it. Her name is Toga Himiko,"
You explained while dabbing some disinfectant on the scratches he had, with a damp cotton ball.

"Seems like you have the League on your tail.. want me to help? I almost exe-catted her, but she escaped..."
Placing some bandaids on his face and covering some of the scratches with them. Last touch was injecting a serum into his arm, so that his wounds and scratches would be gone by the morning.

Hawks sighed, poking at the bandaids you had just put on him. It seemed like he wanted to tell you something, but not really wanting you to get involved in it. You had been studying his face, reading him easily as he is to read you.

"Mm, you're involved in the League aren't you? It was clear that she was sent there, she phrased something weird.." You started pressuring him, and he didn't like it at all. Averting his gaze, and putting his hands in your face.

"Stop scanning me, I know you are (Y/N).."

"No I'm meowth,"

"You make this weird smirk whenever you scan someone," Hawks had been struggling to cover your eyes since you were moving around.

You jumped around, your tail swaying back and forth attempting to scan Hawks while he had been covering your face.

"I'm serious (Y/N), even if I was I can't get you involved you'll get hurt and I'll probably lose you for real this time,"

Hawks grabbed you by the wrists forcefully turning you over, so that your stomach had been pressed down on the couch. He had been hovering you since your tail had been poking at his crotch.

"Why is your tail touching my-"

He couldn't see how red your face was at that angle, but your cat ears perked up twitching.

"Get g-get off! You wouldn't have to worry about my tail if you weren't so close!"

"Promise you won't scan me? I don't like being read," Hawks grip got tighter around your wrists, while your tail had been jabbing at his stomach.. Not that it did anything it was soft.

"Fine.." you agreed, the grip on your wrists loosened as he sat back into the couch.

You had rolled over, taking a deep breath because your heart was beating fast..

Your ears went down, you looked a little sad. Eyes glossy and cheeks flushed making direct eye contact with Hawks, it flustered him because he's never really seen you cry before and he didn't want to.

His voice softened, "(Y/N).. I just don't want you to get hurt.."

"Let me help you be a villain, it'd be a purrfect scheme!" you whined

"W-what? No (Y/N) I'm not a villain, I can't really explain what I'm doing...Just trust me okay?" Hawks pulled out his pinky to initiate a pinky promise but then he froze.

"Why would you help me if I was a villain? Villains destroyed your whole facility and killed your parents,"

"I'm drunk remember? But not super purrunk,  just a good amount.." your words started slurring eyes half lidded.

"Oh, right... You should get some rest.. and drink some water, you're going to get a bad hangover in the morning."

Hawks had been hinting for you to get ready for bed, but you were already halfway knocked out. Your body automatically started glowing, you had been charging since it was already past midnight.

"Mmm, goodnight.." you slurred before knocking out completely.