IV. Shrink

Your inner alarm clock had woken you up at 9am, it was drizzling outside with a nice breeze. There had been a storm warning on the news broadcast, some areas were instructed to stay indoors and be cautious of high winds.

You've almost forgotten that Hawks had been over, he had came out when you started brewing the coffee. Hawks had been covered in your mattress blanket, you only saw his furrowed brows and eyes peeping through.

"Ok, so I let you stay over and you go into my bedroom and sleep there instead?"

"(Y/N) your place is freezing! Are you hiding a dead body in here?" He huffed not liking the drastic temperature change in your household

"I'll uh, turn it back up.. I overheat when I charge sometimes."

You reached over to the thermostats, adjusting the temperature. Hawks had been dragging the heavy blanket all over, until he sat ontop of the sofa watching the weather forecast.  

"Gloomy weather today, huh? I hope you cleaned my jacket."

"Yeah, it's in the drier go help yourself.. Ah actually let me get it," You poured yourself a cup of coffee, it was straight up black coffee with caramel. You figured that offering it to Hawks was a better idea since he was cold.

"Here, this should warm you up Keigo,"

Hawks held onto the cup awkwardly since he was still wrapped in the blanket. It was delicious, and he appreciated the kind gesture.

"Thanks... uh.. Firefly? Mm, maybe because of last night I should call you my little bed bug?" He winked at you, but you rolled your eyes and turned away

"No,"

You went over to the dryer and pulled out the jacket... it shrunk... a lot..

You let out a shriek, shaking the jacket attempting to stretch it but it didn't work. He asked for a little favor, and you couldn't do it properly. How embarrassing!

"Sounds like you shrunk my jacket," the voice behind you sounded closer, well that's because he had been directly behind you. Hawks leaned over you, using your head as a armrest. You were too embarrassed to even care, hiding your face in the jacket. It smelled nice at least.

"Can't you use one of your gadgets to resize it?"

"I never made one of those before.. Yeah I'm sorry,"

"Hmm, does it fit you?"

"W-what?"

"Hey, put it on for me let me see,"

Hawks had insisted for you to try it on, you weren't sure where he was getting at but you did it anyway. You put your arms through the sleeves, and held it by the sides. I mean it fit perfectly, it wouldn't go to waste now.

"Wow look at my hot sidekick, bedbug!" He choked on his spit and started laughing. You elbowed his side, but he ended up laughing harder.
Starting to regret putting the jacket on, you started playfully hitting him. But before you got the chance, he grabbed your wrists and lifted you up.

"No play fighting, I don't trust your robotic parts you'll beat my ass by accident.. Okay maybe someday." He corrected himself, letting you down slowly.

"Chicken!"

"Not really, I'm just not good around power types... Anywho let me head out, I have some errands to run." He pat your head, before picking up his keys from the table.

"Later neighbor," he gave you a peace sign, opening the apartment door and leaving. He had most definitely left something behind so he had another excuse to come over.

—————————————————

You didn't have much planned today, other then stopping by UA, which had been all the way in Musutafu. Occasionally, you would shadow the department of support, and offer enhancing some of their equipment. Mei Hatsume was a personal favorite, you would definitely hire her when you have the chance. Class A-1 had been interesting too, but some of the students were a little overbearing..

The weather had been getting worse, rain hitting against the windows of your apartment and wind howling, blowing around trash into the streets. You figured you should give it a try regardless, there wasn't any traffic in the streets.

The cab wasn't able to pick you up directly by your building, so you walked a few blocks until your reception was working again. Your service had been cutting in and out, not realizing it until you left your penthouse since you were connected to the WiFi.

Holding your umbrella against the wind, you had been walking past a few empty streets until you had seen a UA student across the street. Pretty strange, you've never really seen any UA students around here before. You must've been staring too hard because she started skipping toward you.

"Class 1A, not one my favorites.." you muttered before the brown haired girl had been close enough to hear you. You had put on a fake smile when she had been close enough, you let her say the first word.

She had been rather short, cheeks flushed with pronounced lower lashes.

"Hiya Miss! Do you know where Hawks facility is? I'm a little lost."

You don't recall Hawks having any interns, or having any new ones recently so you started to get suspicious. You gave her a quick scan, a soft light emitting from your eyes. The young girl made a face, trying to understand what you did.

"Ah, sorry. I don't know! Why don't you text him? You're an intern right?"

You smiled, walking toward the girl shifting your umbrella to get a better view of her face.

"Say, you're the UA student Uraraka Ochaco? You're treating me like a stranger like we've never met before!"

Ochaco scratched the back of her neck, her face flushing from embarrassment

"Mm, I'm not good with names sorry,"

You weren't falling for this facade any longer, your face started to get a little dark, eyes glowing. You twirled, and had closed your umbrella enlarging the point on the very edge to slice the perpetrator. The girl however had quick reflexes, flipping over and dodging the assault.

"You're not good at lying to a woman like me darling,"

The rain had started to pour harder, winds spiraling and knocking some vehicles over. The weather had been getting quite intense by now, but nothing was stopping you from protecting Hawks.