Thirty Eight.

This chapter is somethin slight. Something...."slight". Tehe...

Enjoy and excuse any mistakes.

Kaiden's POV

A week later....

I strolled into the kitchen but tried to run out when I saw who was in it. My dad. Of course my dumbass tripped and made a loud sound which made him look in my direction.

"What are doing up so late?" He raised his eyebrow while taking a swig of whatever was in his cup. It's a little after one in the morning.

"I could ask you the same question." I said and rubbed my knee. I'm too tall to be this clumsy. Wait that might be why I am.

"No you couldn't. This my house."

"Okay boomer." I said lowly and rolled my eyes. This nigga is always riding me like calm down.

"Whatchu say?" He asked quickly and sat his cup down.

"Nothing dad. I was just coming for some water but never mind. I'm going back to bed."

"Yeah you do that." He waved me off.

I don't hate my dad but damn would I rather not be around him. He beat my ass last week but the twins can buck at him and all that happens to them is getting their stuff taken away.

He clearly has favorites and I'm not one of them. I would think I would be since I am their only son and fathers are supposed to have this special bond with their boys.

And I get I was being disrespectful. I apologized to the both of them for that. This has been going on for a minute though. It's like I irritate him or something. I could literally be sitting and being quiet and he'll come and start fucking with me.

At first I took it as joking and just slight banter but now I see this nigga might actually have beef with me and I don't know why. I'm always chillin.

This why I love my mommy way more than his rude ass anyway.

Speaking of her, she was coming towards the kitchen. "You couldn't sleep?" She asked gave me a random hug. Her hugs are the best bro.

"No ma'am. I got thirsty but then I didn't."

She knew why and led me back to the kitchen. "I thought you were going to bed." He said as soon as he looked at me.

"Shut up Dave. You always trying to bully somebody. That's why you sleeping downstairs now." She defended me and passed me a water bottle. Aha! That's what his mean ass get.

"I don't know who you think you talking to but it's not me." He mumbled.

"Definitely talking to you. You're the only one in here acting like an ass." She turned her attention to me. "Go back to bed Ace." She kissed my cheek.

"Okay. Goodnight ma. I love you." I gave her a kiss on the forehead and left out before they started going in on each other.

"I love you more." She smiled at me then I heard her talk to dad while I made my way upstairs. "Why are you so mean to him?"

So let me fill you in on this past week. Ma (my dad's mother) called my dad and told him what went down in the bathroom between them two. She claims that my mom hit her but it's all speculation.

I wouldn't blame my mother if she did. Now that I know what my grandmother's motives were, I can see why mama was so upset with us.

Even though she did forgive us that same day we came back, I know it hurt her feelings having us leave her and believe ma over her.