5: Found a Friend

While Tomura was busy typing on his phone, the door opened. Curious, he peeked up, not bothering to stand from his comfortable position in his reading nook.

In the entire day, Tomura only stood up to eat a little for lunch but he came back immediately, spending almost the entire day to get to know his new friend.

So far, he has liked talking to the man. But of course, he wouldn't admit that even to himself. He found out that Dabi works in his own little computer shop with his friends, and that he has no other family. Tomura also knows that he has a friend who had the hanahaki disease but got cured in a matter of a few years.

Oh how he wish he could get cured too.

Tomura's face formed a frown. He was expecting Kurogiri to come back inside from a little grocery run, he forgot that the older man came back a little earlier. So if that's not Kurogiri then it's..

"All for One!" he exclaimed, hurriedly standing from his seat. He rushed to the entrance where All for One is, sitting on his wheelchair that's being pushed by a nomu, a bio-engineered minion made by their personal doctor, Dr. Ujiko. Of course, the said doctor was with All for One too.

"Tomura, how have you been?" the man asked in his deep intimidating voice, giving a grin. Some would be scared at him, but Tomura have grown extremely fond of the older man. It was as if he's seeing his dad after a long trip. He feels an urge to hug the man in a wheelchair. But he remains calm, standing at the side only as he welcome their visitors.

He looked over at the tall, purple skinned creature, frowning deeply at it. The doctor watched Tomura's expression, giving a smile. "You like him? He's one of my smarter ones."

"Uh huh, what happened to Johnny?" Tomura asked, eyes glued on the creepy creature.

"In the lab. We decided to drive here this time."

"Drive? Which one of you-"

All for One butted in. "The Nomu. Dr. Ujiko made this one special to be intelligent enough to drive." That earned a cackle from the short, old man. "I've made a good one, yeah?" He said, laughing more.

Tomura could just nod, dumbfounded at the purple creature in front of him. Kurogiri came rushing in from the kitchen while holding a spatula. "Tomura, who are you- Master!" Kurogiri exclaimed in shock.

Tomura looked back at Kurogiri with confusion evident on his face. "You didn't call them to come here?"

The latter shook his head. "I was supposed to but I forgot."

"We figured out that it would be better for me to stay here while the doctor works on more powerful Nomus." All for One said, standing from his wheelchair. "I need to check on my successor as well, shouldn't I?"

All for One placed a hand on Tomura's shoulders. The frail man looked down at this feet, the pressure of the word 'successor' dawning on him. Up until now, he's still confused by his role as All for One's successor. In his current state, he surely couldn't fight. He might die coughing before he could land a blow on any hero's face.

"I'm still cooking dinner, would it be alright to wait for a little bit?" Kurogiri asked.

"Of course, we're not going anywhere." All for One replied.

"Alright. I'll be back. Tomura, why don't you show them to our living room?"

Tomura looked back at Kurogiri who already left for the Kitchen.

"Make some extra food for Choco-chan!" The Doctor said as Kurogiri was walking away. The latter just shouted a 'yes'.

"All for One, Doctor, Uhh..Choco?" Tomura raised his eyebrows a little while mentioning the name of the Nomu. "Would you like some tea?"