10: Welcome

Dabi's POV

I look like a complete mess. After I went back inside, Magne had set up a make-shift vanity with all the cosmetics and styling things she could gather in the office. Compress went back to the shop. Spinner went with him but reminded Jin to take pictures of me, for special purposes. Toga offered to help Magne and honestly, that's very scary.

Then there, the two styled me to what Magne would call a 'chic bad boy.'

"I look stupid." I really do.

"How dare you? I worked hard for that!" Magne pouted. "You look handsome!"

Toga came back with some glitters, hopping like the kid she is. I knew I had to run, so I did! Nope, she is not getting near me with that stuff.

I bid goodbye to my friends and headed to the nearest bakery. If you don't know what they like, just grab them a cake.

I bought one round black forest cake for Tomura because he reminded me of cherries. Its red, like his cheeks when I say something stupid. He tries to hide it a lot behind his shaggy hair but I can still see it. And his lips, those beautiful red– Woah, Dabi. Too obvious.

I looked at the address sent to me in my phone and went there with my motorcycle. I drove away and managed to get there in 30 minutes.

Tomura's POV

I'm panicking. I swear, I'm panicking. I took a bath, fixed my hair and got some good clothes that i've never worn before. Shit, Dabi is making me do things I don't normally do.

"Quit pacing around," Kurogiri warned. He was wearing an apron around his waist and was holding a pan filled with chicken. He set it down on the table. "If you keep walking like that, your hanahaki might attack again. You don't want him to see that."

I nodded, defeated. He's right, I don't want to start a coughing fit in front of Dabi. But of course, that can't be helped.

Especially when the doorbell finally rang, I immediately started coughing red rose petals again.

-

How can a person who coughs flowers constantly live surrounded with more flowers? Dabi looked around. There was a giant white gate, guarding the house connected to a concrete white fence that contrasts with the colorful set of flowers in the garden.

Beautiful, Dabi thought. He would like to walk around the garden with Tomura, if he could. He wonders if he could ask Kurogiri for that.

Though the gentle expression that the house brought Dabi was soon erased as the gate was opened by two giant duck-like creatures. Fucking hell, so this is a Nomu up close.

Dabi almost activated his quirk as the Nomu got closer but it was just actually asking for the paperbag Dabi was carrying. So he let them take it, and they led Dabi inside the premise of the house.

It looks like a normal house, doesn't seem like a villain comes here often to visit his adopted son. No, not at all. It looks more like a house where a lovely family lives and gives cookies to their neighbors every week. In short, this is a perfect disguise.

They entered the house and were greeted by white walls, white ceiling, white furniture and basically everything white except for the wooden floor.

The Nomu led Dabi through a hallway that ends with a huge door. It was strange actually, how there is a hallway separating the main house from the front door. It was probably for protection, All for One goes here after all.

The Nomu opened the huge, brown door and almost immediately, Kurogiri rushed towards them. "Ah dabi!"

Dabi smiled nervously. Fuck, its sinking in to him just now — how horrible he looked. No matter how many layer of make up Magne puts on him, he's still terrible. At least, in his perspective.

"Hello! Uhm, I– I brought cake," He said before he handed the box towards Kurogiri. He couldn't help but look around if there was any sign of Tomura anywhere in the room. Where could he be?

"Aw, thank you. That's very nice of you," Kurogiri noticed how the latter was scanning the background and it made him chuckle. "Tomura went back to his room to get his inhaler. He'll be back, would you mind waiting for him a little bit?"

"Yeah, uhh, sure! Of course!" Kurogiri smiled before he led Dabi to their living room. The Nomu went outside again to guard the house.

Dabi sat there awkwardly in front of Kurogiri. What should he say? After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, Dabi spoke, "So, uhm—"

"Do you like Tomura?" Kurogiri interrupted. The question caught Dabi off guard. He looked at Kurogiri with wide eyes before he went back to his composed facade.

"......I, uhh, I like him as a, uhm, a friend," Dabi finally replied.

"You hesitated," Kurogiri said before laughing. He shook his head, "I'm just teasing you. You look so tense!" He laughed once more.

Dabi let out a sigh of relief. What the hell? Why would he ask that out of the blue? Better yet, why did Dabi hesitate? Why did he feel bad after saying he only likes Shigaraki as a friend? There are really some things in the world that you can't answer.

A few moments later, a figure - which Dabi has waited for so long to meet - finally appeared.

Dabi quickly rose from his seat as Tomura stood behind the couch and across the black-haired male. "Tenko?"

Tomura nodded quietly. He looks so pale yet he noticed a reddish hue covering his cheeks. "Uhh, nice to finally meet you.." he said quietly, averting his gaze while he rubs his nape.

Kurogiri chuckled then he stood up from the couch. "I'm gonna go ahead and prepare some food. You guys talk here first, okay?" And with that, he disappeared from the couch.

The two were left with an awkward atmosphere until Dabi spoke, "Uh, want to sit with me? Uhh, here? Wait, why am I inviting you to sit? This is your house— uhh, do you need anything?" He blurted out.

Watching Dabi made Tomura laugh, not just a quiet one, he actually laughed. Its a very rare moment for someone like Tomura. "Sure, I'd love to sit with you. Let's talk about our trip?"

Dabi just nodded and the two sat together in that couch, chatting while Kurogiri watches from the doorframe, totally NOT taking pictures of the scene.

A/N: Hi! Thank you so much for all the support that I've been getting for the past months! I've had this chapter in the drafts for so long but I never got to finish it since college started and I also have a job but anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this! I'll be posting more updates ♡