chapter 10

We went to coopertown that night.Daniel took me to his house.It was the size of my room back in henskeyork.But it  had the feeling of  a home.
"Daniel?who is she?"A blonde woman came towards me.She looked like she was in her mid thirties.She was beautiful in a natural way.I noticed a canula in her hand.I looked into her eyes and saw two gorgeous amber orbs staring at me.It was like Daniel's.Like mine.
Something clicked.Alex's statement was pushing it's way through my mind amongst everything.But how is this possible? I mean i don't even have a single memory of her.
"Mom this is sheldon salvatore."
A brief of something flickered in her eyes and they became like stone.
"Sheldon,is that really you?where have you been all this time?"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Gerald took you from me sheldon. That guy seriously had no morale,"she said scornfully with a broken tone.
Took me from her?I can't  fathom all my thoughts. It was confusing and nothing was making any sense.
"Why did he left Daniel with you?"
"Because he already had a son back in his wonderful mansion."
My head was spinning. I felt like Everything from my inside will come out.I couldn't stop thinking about what she just said.Charles is my stepbrother.If i am really this woman's daughter then Daniel...
I looked up and saw Daniel looking down at his feet with a locked jaw.He must be blazing with fury inside. He knew all these years that i was his sister.Out of the corner i saw Alex sitting on the couch sipping from a beer bottle and looking at us amused.
"So my father was married to  you?What about Katherine (charles's mother)?"
"You guys need to sit down first.Both of you",Daniel grumbled.I could feel his anger but it wasn't for me but for my unreasonable  father."Come on Alex,let's give them some time." He jerked Alex from the couch and
left through the front door.

"I didn't know your father had a wife,sheldon.I worked in a garage back then.I met your father one day when he came to repair his car.His visits became more frequent and well i fell in love with him.What mistakes people do in young age!"she exclaimed with a contemptful sigh.
"I had Daniel after a year of..of our ..affair and well that was the best day of my life. Your father was persistent sheldon.He never left my side.Another year later we had you.But something seemed off in him. One day he suddenly accused me that i was cheating on him and left me with Daniel taking you with him."
She stared at nothing ,tears falling from her eyes.
"How did you get to know that he ...that he was already married?"
"Media can prove to be really helpful sometimes you know.When the next day news announced that Gerald salvatore and his wife katherine had a beautiful baby girl through homebirth",she choked a sob now," I got to know that he was married."

"But why didn't you try to say that i wa your daughter?why didn't you come back to claim me ?"My voice was breaking.It sounded pathetic.
"I am sorry Sheldon.But she had already claimed you.I could do nothing sheldon.I had no support,no lawyer,not even a damn birth certificate."
She started sobbing uncontrollably.

I left her there and walked out through the same path Daniel and Alex left a few minutes ago. It's time to come back into reality from the lie that i was living in. It's time to set everything right.