Day twelve

Today I went back to work.
But the night before I couldn't sleep, shock.
My sleeping routine had been messed around after my two weeks off work.
So..
I woke up at 4:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided I might as well wake myself up by watching Netflix.
Anyway I would've felt even more tired if I went back to sleep.
My shift started at 7 in the morning and I couldn't believe how much things changed in those two weeks that I was off.
So many new residents had arrived and we were at full capacity, unfortunately we still were low on staff as sickness is going around and people are isolating.
It was hard to ignore the fact that many people that I work with were worried so much about the virus, what would happen if they passed it on to a loved one.
There was a time today where I stuck out my head out of a window in a residents room, I could see the fields around and it could feel the cold air cooling my face, that was the most alive I'd felt in ages.
My 7 hour shift really flew by as all day we were on our feet and rushed.
It's hard because we don't have the time to do what we want, we want to be able to sit down and talk to these people.
But unfortunately if we do that we get behind time and won't have enough of it to see to everyone.
That's one thing I basically forgot about over the last two weeks.
Time.
It was hard work and my feet ache so much.
But I do like my job.
It keeps me going.
I'm back in tomorrow morning now same time.
So
Stay safe
Stay inside
A. X