four.

she who dares win

14/08/19

Just this morning, the Liverpool squad landed in Istanbul for the Super Cup against Chelsea, the Reds in hopes that they would add another achievement to their trophy case back in Melwood. Even if it wasn't a major one for many of the players, it was crucial that they retrieved the title, knowing they still had to prove themselves worthy of being the Kings of Europe.

As soon as they settled down in their hotel, while most of the boys decided on playing FIFA together, Wynter rejected the game and remained in her room on her bed, expanding her mind with ideal players for integration in a rough notebook, a pair of glasses on the brink of collapsing off her nose, a pen drifting across the page whenever an idea or player came to mind. Unlike for a few days ago, Wynter finally found herself in a peaceful state of mind where she could focus and jot down ideas on command.

With her laptop placed in front of her as she busied herself, she had Reese and Indigo on facetime, the two friends aiding the player to crowd up her blank pages with glossy ink. Rather than being supporters of mainstream men's football (like many girls who only watched the game of football for the guys and their fine forms), Indigo and Reese also tuned into women's football which came as a useful utility for Wynter with everything she had to carry for UEFA.

"How about Amandine Henry? Apparently, she's the second-best female midfielder. . ." Reese suggested, eyes on her laptop. "According to this website."

"Uh, I'm pretty sure I already have her down here," on the page, Wynter ran her pen down her list of midfielders in search for her international teammate. She halted her pen's movements when she located Amandine's name, glancing at her phone. "Yeah, she's here."

"What about Alex Morgan? She's a big deal in the USA and generally in women's football." Indigo put forth, shrugging.

"Ugh, I wish. We're only dealing with players based in Europe."

"Wait, how is this going to map out because I'm getting a bit confused now," Indigo huffed, dropping her head on her fists.

Wynter turned her notebook around so the girls could have a glimpse of her work so far, conducting what she was discussing with her pen. "I've got two game plans here for UEFA-I suggested to them that every club across Europe should have at least one female player on their male roster, so some of these players could just move to their club's men's team. Clubs might also put forward players to this project if they think they'll be suited for it. The same rules will apply when it comes to international teams though obviously there will be a few more players depending on how many of them play for clubs."

"So in simple terms, clubs will get 1-2 female players on their men's roster and international teams' female players can vary?" asked Reese.

"Exactly," Wynter nodded. "I mean, these rules aren't confirmed yet but they're definitely ones I want to put through to FIFA and UEFA once I make them flawless."

"Damn, Winnie! I honestly don't know how you're doing all of this. It's so confusing and it takes a lot of commitment to not only do but to actually carry out."

Indigo's comment placed a grin on Wynter's lips. "Yeah, well I signed up for it by coming into men's football myself and constantly stating that football has a very sexist environment, which it does, so I can't necessarily complain about anything at this point."

"Let's hope that all of this work pays off in the end. Like, you've put so much thought and effort into this whole project so all these female players better show you some appreciation when this comes to light. Though on a serious note, if UEFA and FIFA turn down any of these suggestions, I'll personally punch them in the face for you, Winnie."