extra.

two victories in one

With the World Cup's arrival to those across the world approaching soon, football federations had been preparing to announce the twenty-three players they've chosen to take part in the tournament, many players across the broad on edge as to whether they would be chosen or not while many others were relaxed in the comforts of their homes. However, before the press got word of each country's roster, players themselves needed to know if their own hard work and dedication throughout the 17/18 season reserved them a spot for the World Cup.

It was said that French players were to receive a call from France NT's manager and a former World Cup winner, Didier Deschamps himself and so here Wynter found herself alongside Kylian who stared at his phone with anticipation. Within the Reyes household, it wasn't just the best friends waiting for a call. Alongside the two were their families – moms, dads, brothers, in-laws, kids – everyone silently rooting for Kylian as they tried to ease the tension in the room, the summer heat hitting off the walls giving everyone a slight source of irritation.

With his slumped seating position propped next to the coffee table, Kylian huffed as his chin came in contact with the glass, his arms folded on the table. "They announced that they are going to be making the calls between 2 pm to 7 pm. What's taking them so long?"

Wynter sat across from the other PSG player, Iris sat on her lap as the little girl focused her attention on all the colouring equipment in front of her while the older Reyes assisted her when it came to drawing inside the lines. Upon apprehending his little outburst, she glanced up from her niece's drawings. "Hey, calm down," Wynter spoke in a soft tone, causing Kylian to glance up at her. "It's alright, Ky. Perhaps they're doing it in alphabetical order. Last names, of course."

"But it's now 5 pm and it's only 23 players they're calling! It doesn't have to take so long."

Wynter sighed, seeing as the player wasn't planning on placing himself at ease. She looked over to Claire who was stood by Kylian's mom, the two mothers quietly conversing in the corner. "Has Antoine been called up yet?" she asked.

Claire nodded. "Yes, about an hour ago or so he told me."

From his position by the offline fireplace along with Peyton who was carrying Dylan, and Jirès, Nate blew out a breath. "They must really like to take their time. Like, just call him already!"

Kylian sat up, shaking his head. "I'm growing impatient right now. I can't right now," he said, beginning to stand up so he could back away from his phone which was situated die-centre on the glass coffee table.

"Why is Kyky upset?" Iris rotated her body around so she could glance at Wynter.

The french player ran her fingers through the little girl's braids, offering the kid a gentle smile. "He has to wait for a very special call but for some reason, he doesn't know what it means to have patience anyone." Despite talking to her niece, Wynter actually directed her last few words to Kylian and she knew he knew that when she noticed the subtle glare he sent as he moved away from the coffee table.

"Hey, son. Calm down. Don't worry, you'll receive the call. Just hold onto your patience for a bit longer. Okay?" Kylian's dad tried to reason with his son.

"Your dad's right," Wynter told Iris to head over to couches where all the kids were before she approached the other football player in the room, gripping his shoulders so he won't be tempted to stalk away any time soon. "As I said, they are probably calling players by alphabetical order, right? Presko's before you in that order so let me just message him and see if he's gotten the news yet. Alright?"

Kylian chewed the inside of his cheek before he finally gave in, saying, "Alright."

"Thank you. Now, stop stressing!" she exclaimed, tapping his cheek twice before she moved away from him so then she could retrieve her phone from Milo who hijacked it earlier on.