Chapter 6

"Darry, I'm going to the DX with Pony after school today. Savy?" I say tying my hair up in a high ponytail.

"You sure as hell ain't." Darry stated as he put his shoes on.

I flipped my head up from doing my hair, "Why not?!" I whined. Just then Soda came barreling out of the bathroom looking for something. "Soda, can I go to the DX with Pony after school?"

"What, yeah, sure, whatever" he said cleary distracted.

"Darry, Soda said I could go!" I stated.

"Hey kid, what I say...you know what you can go, but you have to stay with either Steve or Soda. No wandering on your lonesome ya hear?" He replied after giving up.

I ran over to him and gave him a hug, "Thank you, thank you thank you!"

As Soda, Steve, and Darry left the house I grabbed my bag and a piece of cake from the fridge and sat down on the couch. I turned on the TV and started watching Mickey (It was the only thing on and it's pretty much the only thing we watch). Within a few minutes Dally walked in the house and I tensed up.

"Hey little lady" He said standing next to the couch.

"Hello" I replied. His features stood out. Blonde hair that's almost white, icy blue eyes, high cheekbones, elvish ears. He looks like a wild animal... I thought, and I'm his prey. He lit a cancer-stick and took a drag.

"You want one?" he asked holding the pack out to me. His eyes were judging me and he knew I could tell.

"I-I don't smoke" I said pushing the cigarette pack away. Pony comes out of his room ready to go he grabbed his backpack and walked towards the two of us.

"You tryna' give my kid sister a cancer-stick Dal?" He asked with a protective tone. 

I rolled my eyes, "By TWO YEARS! That's like nothin'. Also if you wanna get to school on time Pony, we gotta go." I said standing up from the couch

"Loosen up kid. Why don't you and Pony ditch school and spend the day with me?" Dally replied as the three of us walked down the street.

"Do you think Darry Curtis would let Ponyboy Michael and Robin Elizabeth ditch?" I told Dally with a mix of sarcasm and shock.

"He don't have to know" Dally said nonchalantly. I look at Pony, he shrugs as if saying 'why not?'

"Ok, let's do it!" I stated, "But we have to be at the DX by 3:30...And NO ONE can know. Dallas if we get in to trouble YOU take the blame, savy?"

"Yeah sure kid whatever. Let's go have some fun, and if you would call me Dally"