Chapter 2

When I walked in my childhood home, memories came flooding back into my brain as I saw the five boys spread all over the living room. I saw Pony reading or trying to anyway, but I really doubt he could with all the commotion. Next to him was Johnny, but he looked more timid, like a puppy who had been kicked too many times. Something must have happened to him, I thought. I saw Two-Bit and Steve on the floor watching Mickey Mouse, Two was sitting criss-cross with a beer in one hand and a piece of chocolate cake on the floor next to him, he had the TV on mute and was making up his own lines for the show. Steve was rolling around laughing because of Two, getting dangerously close to landing in his own slice of chocolate cake. But then I saw someone new. It must be Dally I thought, he looked sort of elfish with high cheekbones and pointed chin, he had blond hair that was almost white that he obviously didn't grease back, or get haircuts for that matter, he also had ice blue eyes that looked like they would cut right through you. 

I just stood in the door watching them not really knowing what to do, suddenly Darry whistled, long and low ending in a sudden high note. All the boys looked up in surprise while I stood there awkwardly, but then Pony jumps up and gives me a big hug,

"Robin we missed you so much!" I smile and he lets go of me. Then, I feel a pull on my wrist and I am in Two-Bits lap and I immediately start laughing

"Heyyyy Birdie, where you been?" He says jokingly as he begins to tickle me. Then Steve joins in,

"Who brought this soc in? That's not Robin." I feel like I am about to die when Darry butts in,

"Guys...." He says with a firm tone and they both let me go. I then go over to Johnny and lean down to hug him he loosely wraps his arms around me, but I know he means well. I then feel someone tug on the seam of my skirt, I absolutely hated our uniforms, I thought the skirt was two inches too short. But I didn't have any say in it, the oldest girls got to design it every year, some years (like last year) I loved the uniforms, but others not so much. I looked down to see who I presumed to be Dally holding on to the seam of my skirt. I pulled it away and he just laughed and said,

"Wow, your a feisty one little lady! I'm Dally Winston" I gave him the death stare and ran into my old room. 

When I walked in I immediately walked over to my closet. I knew everything would be somewhat small, but when I was seven everything was swimming on me. I took off my uniform and flung it on the floor, all the soc-y clothes I never had to wear again. I pulled out my old acid-washed jeans, white t-shirt, leather jacket, black converse, and pulled my red bandanna out of my bag. I brought that bandanna everywhere, my dad gave it to me. I put all that on then took the stupid bow out of my hair pulling it up in a high ponytail and tied on the bandanna. When I walked out of my room and back into the living room I feel like myself again, not some stranger in my body. 

"Oh, there's Robin," Steve says jokingly, "Where did you come from?" he asks sarcastically

"Mexico," I say in the same tone.

They all bombarded me with hugs and things they did while I was gone and how much they missed me, but when Dally tried to give me a hug I declined, and he looked kind of mad about it, which to be honest kind of scared me. But, I've dealt with mad greasers before and I can deal with Dally Winston, couldn't I?