07 - THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE

THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE
私の人生の光

THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE私の人生の光

"help me out." you whispered to dazai, who was unbelievably helping atsushi with several paper works.

on your hands was a medium-sized box filled with love notes, milk chocolates, notebooks, and a shirt. it may not seem a lot, but you just hope it would.

you've been crushing on kunikida for a few weeks and you decided to give him something that may seem valuable after you confess to him.

the man you liked didn't have a big impact on you though, it was a happy crush, as others call it. you felt like he would have a romantic side, despite him being complex sometimes.

the clear sight of him for a few seconds could already fill your day with joy. you admired his professionalism with every job assigned to him in the agency and many more small things like those caused your feelings for him to develop.

but none of those mattered to him, sadly.

yesterday, you decided to give the gift and tell him about how much you admired him. unfortunately, he rejected you, but in a nice way. he did mention that you deserved someone better, that you had to love someone who could make you love yourself and he didn't have the skill to do that.

all that sincere talk with him made you rethink about every intention you had in mind the first time you liked him.

he didn't accept the gift either, as he said you should keep it and kindly give it to someone else worthy enough of accepting you as whole, someone who could return your feelings. he kept going about how he didn't have the 'qualifications' to be the one for you.

you had to confess, everything that happened yesterday didn't really smash your heart to the core, as he was only a happy crush, but you felt downhearted.

someone who could make you love yourself.

the good news for you is that, your feelings for him were quickly fading, not because you were displeased by him or whatsoever, it was because you actually took his advice.

everything he told you came from the bottom of his heart. good for you, you weren't too attached or you'd be bawling your eyes for hours.

all those thoughts filled every inch of your brain until you realized you've forgotten your small conversation with the other man.

"help you with what, exactly?" dazai smiled at you, adoring the face in front of him. you blankly looked at him.

it snapped for him then. "oh, you mean him?" he pointed at the man who had his back faced to us. in short, kunikida. "don't point!" you slapped his hand, a bit irritated.

dazai is the type of man to make all his actions seem like a joke. "who do you think could accept me as whole?" you asked him.

a serious look was suddenly plastered on his face, mixed with confusion and curiosity. he wondered for a while, assuming for a reasonable answer.