11 - MY LUCK

MY LUCK
私の運

dazai was speechless, unsure of what to do next

you were taking a break from multitasking by holding your 1 month old son and doing the usual cleaning around your house.

dazai volunteered to babysit and offered to give you the thing you desired the most.

a peaceful slumber.

he held his son close to him. he couldn't believe the simple fact that he is the father of this baby. as the day that both of you have met for the first time felt like three months ago.

truth was, it was three years ago.

he felt incapable of having a relationship with someone so sophisticated unlike him. things were rough at first until you began to be attached to him, ending up in a sweet relationship with him.

both of you were like polar opposites. you had similarities, sure, but there weren't too many. the agency freaked out when your relationship with the bandanged man went public.

two years after that, both of you were happily married. he didn't want to waste time so he proposed right away. he never wanted to lose you the way you never wanted to lose him.

he would never forget the moment you told him that you were pregnant. he cried in your arms, hugging you tightly. and as expected, he told every member of the agency that he was going to be a father.

and here he was, holding his son. he resembled both of you as he couldn't tell if he resembled you more or not.

your son had your eye color, but the eye shape was obviously his. his soft baby lips and nose resembled yours, but the baby's hair was chocolate brown just like his.

therefore, it was really hard to tell. but the importance is that he's extremely happy with a son and a wife.

it was secretly a dream of his, because he would always think that he would never — in his life ever have a wife and a kid.

ever since he got married to you, his lonely life went upside down quickly. suicidal tendencies, the black hole he once felt in his heart, the feeling of sorrow, guilt, and grief, all of those were washed away immediately.

there were no bitter smiles either, just genuine ones. less tears, more love. oh, how he was enjoying the time of his life.

dazai felt his son wrapping his finger with his tiny hand. "attached to me? you better be." he says, his voice laced with a joking manner.

he brought his son and of course, himself, to the bedroom where you were having your rest. your light snores took his attention, giving him the chance to stare at your sleeping figure.

the baby fell asleep too after a few minutes. he then realized how vulnerable you and your son looked like, which didn't really bother him.

he truly swore to himself, that he would do everything he possibly can to shield the both of you from any harm or danger.