Part 1

I take a seat in the waiting room looking nervously at the clock in the wall in front of me. I know this is supposed to help me but I'm still scared of doing it. I insisted on not going through this when everything first happened but things seemed to get worse with time so I decided to give it a shot.

" Camila Cabello?" I hear a woman call my name.

I get up from my seat and follow her to a room in the back. As we get in she motions for me to take a seat at the couch and she does the same in a chair across from where I am.

" I'm Dr. Lisa, it's really nice meeting you. Is this your first time in therapy?" She asks opening a little notebook and looking for a pen in the center table.

" Yes, it is." I say quietly.

" Are you scared of doing this?" She asks.

" A little bit." I confess.

" Everything we discuss here is confidential. I'm here to help you." She says smiling at me.

" Okay." I say still nervous, not because I didn't like her, but because I never told anyone the details of what happened. My parents only know what I told them, which is close to nothing. The detective on the case is the only one I ever talked more about it but I think my mind blocked it out since I barely remember telling him anything.

The hour goes by faster than I expected and not long after I'm leaving Dr. Lisa's office. I didn't gave her many details so for now she knows what my parents know, which isn't much. As I walk the hallway to the waiting room I approach the secretary so she can schedule my next appointments. I'll be coming here twice a week for now but she said that could change later on.

As I make my way to the door I bump into someone, making my phone fall to the ground. The person gets my phone and hands it back to me. When I look up I see a tall guy with brown curly hair and beautiful hazel eyes. He smiles at me as I take the phone from his hand.

" I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention." He says looking at me.

" It's fine. I wasn't either." I say smiling back at him.

I walk to the door as he takes a seat in the room. As I get outside I see my mom's car but who's inside is my sister. I open the door to the passenger seat and she smiles at me.

" Mom got stuck in the diner." She says starting the car. " How was it?"

" Fine." I say looking through the window.

She doesn't ask anything else until we're in the diner. Sophia is three years younger than me but sometimes I feel like she takes care of me more. She also doesn't know much about what happened but she's always checking on how I'm feeling, even though I never tell her much. As we get inside the diner I see my mom serving some tables and my dad in the kitchen. Our parents own this small diner where both me and my sister work to help out. When I left for college they had to hire someone to help but since I came back last year I started helping them again. Sophia might be going to college next year, if she gets a scholarship like I did, since mom and dad can't afford paying for it. I still don't know if I'll go back to college anytime soon but if both of us leave they'll definitely have to hire someone.

Sophia and I go to the kitchen to put our aprons and help them. She stays in the kitchen with dad since she's better at cooking than I am. I get outside to help mom and start cleaning a table in the corner.

" How did it go, sweetheart? I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up." My mom says from behind the counter.

" It was okay." I say taking some dirty cups and plates to the counter.