Crazy People

The stars are shining like I've never seen before almost making me thank the asshole that desided today was the day to make us work late.

  We are currently stationed behind our vehicles covering ourselves from the shots that are at this moment decorating the left side of the care.

  Nosie neighbors peak every now and then through the windows off there homes risking their safety just to get a glimpse at the action so they can have a little to add to the gossip that will most likely be the topic for the next couple of weeks if not months and the guy yelles out towards us.

"This is none of your business, he said he was fine and that you could go."

  I raise two fingers and signal some of the guys to start moving towards the back of the house. Taking advantage of the distraction he himself has initiated.

"I'm sure his fine, but we cant leave until we see him and confirm what you're saying." I yell back keeping him distracted from the team making their way around the house ducking under windows and moving at a fast pace.

  "This is private property and I'm asking you to remove yourself from it." The windows are barricated from the inside and the lights are off but other than that all seems normal. No sing of movement and at this point we have to act fast. The kid went silent 10 minutes ago. And if anything had ever raised a red flag in my job before nothing has raised it as high as this particular case. This moment, this next couple of minutes will impact my life in a way nothing ever had before and I'm sure of it. But the not knowing if it's in a good or bad way has me wanting to speed up the process.

  "I know, but come on I need to know his fine before we leave." I yell back trying to keep him occupied while the guys reach the back entrance.

"We are in position, waiting for further instructions." Came through my ear piece, I relax a little knowing he didnt see them.

"Tell me what he did. What did he do to make you this mad?" I raise my hands and try to get up but a bullet flies closer to my head than I'm comfortable with and I'm back on the ground in a matter of seconds.

"He got her pregnant, I told him she wasn't good for him, she ruined everything. Now his gonna have to work wich means no sports and that means he will lose that scholarship!"

"Move in guys, stay low and stay light we dont want him to be alerted of your presence." I talk close to the walkie making sure not to talk to loud, I'm not to close to the house but the guy is just way to out of it for us to get comfortable.

"What sport was he playing?"

"Football, he's the QB or was because now his gonna have to give it all up. I just wanted better for him not this."

"We are in." My hand grips tightly at my gun, barrel pointed towards the ground and my finger hovers over the trigger ready to fire if anything goes wrong.

"Were you a player yourself?" I look over the car trying to figure out were his standing. The barrel of a gun pointing just the right amount out of a window to have the red and blue flashing lights reflect of and give away his location.

"Guys, I spotted what might be his location. 3rd window to the left side of the house from my point of view." Once again I wait for a respond from the guys.

"No, I had no way to make it anywhere in life so I worked hard on him. I did everything, payed anyone that would help him improve. And he threw it all away for that slut from next door, but I took care of it already." My alarms go off when I register his words and I'm on my feet and runing towards the only house next to his. His being right in the corner of a dead end street.