It Is What It Is

━☆゚

━☆゚.*・。゚━☆゚.*・。゚━☆゚.*・。゚━☆゚.*・。゚━☆゚.*・

Doja Cat singing 'Say So' flooded my ears while I read f/b. I guiltily glanced over to my aloe succulent whom I have neglected to water for the past 4 months, somehow that resilient bitch is still alive. Taking an earbud off, my eyes focused on a single coral colored rose on my nightstand. The memory of carmel and cotton candy scents filled my mind as I thought of what almost happened at the festival.

"Ah Y/n don't even go there" I scolded myself. Besides it was probably just a fluke right either way it would make things a hell lot more complicated. Stupid desire colored rose.

Standing back up I stretched my legs and put a bookmark on the page I was reading. Looking around I realized how lonely I felt with a brother away at college, a distant sister, and parents who were never around. Times like this I wish our dog Alex hadn't gotten lost. My phone started to ring and I saw that Aphmau was calling.

"H-hey Y/n what's up?" Aphmau said with a slight voice crack. My eyebrows furrowed as I felt that something was off with her.

"Aph are you ok?" I said with concern filling my voice.

"I-I just had a tough day and I've been trying to contact Aaron and it seems like he blocked me on our game" she slightly stuttered. All of a sudden it hit me. I remembered Aaron telling me he panicked and had to erase everyone from his friends list when our father checked it and accused him of interacting with others.

"I'm pretty sure he wouldn't on purpose, maybe it's a game glitch" I suggested. I remember what happened after Aaron found out Aphmau was Shu. He became a lot less hostile toward everyone and they both seemed a lot happier. Those really were some of my happiest memories the hours the three of us spent playing that game, man I was the best red mage.

"I just also feel kinda stressed with the pressure to find another Alpha ya know" The short girl said. Wait a second this is a perfect shot to help Ein for our deal and help Aphmau, granted our 'how to be a better Alpha classes have gone slowly.

"I mean there has to be a few werewolves that want that title, what about Ein?" I asked sitting back down into my comfy sheets.

"I mean yeah but I want someone who really cares, not someone who only wants the title" She said. Damn Ein if only you had better intentions.

"Yeah that's a good idea, either way you're smart and caring I'm sure you can find someone" I said hoping my words would comfort her.

"Thanks N/n you're really sweet to. Daniel, Dottie, and Rylan are gonna help me with werewolf class homework so talk to ya later" Aphmau chatted happily.

"Hey I can help with that if you want" I said before pausing slightly realizing the mistake I made.

"Really aren't you a hu-" she started before I cut her off.