Chapter 8: Last hug

"okay, I can do this... " Motivating myself in the bathroom and facing the mirror.
After I've finished,  I got out of the bathroom and I saw Mama Isabella remove Conny's drawing in the board then she smiled sadly to it.
I wasn't able to say anything nor I didn't know what to react.

Conny is getting ready to leave the Grace field house right now, she's dressed exactly like in the anime.

I went to her room to say goodbye and I saw the kids were circling around her including Emma and Norman.

"I'll keep giving my best even after I leave the house... I'll be fine! After all I got little Bernie with me" Conny said while hugging little bernie, then she continued " You know, little Bernie is an unique one, there's only one of him in this world! He's a treasure that made mama specially for me."

Everyone in the room were touched and quietly listening to Conny's speech with their teary eyes, some of the kids are already dropping a tear like Thoma and Lani

(A/n: I decided to call the doll little Bernie instead of little bunny cuz it was Bernie in the manga.)

"I'm not that bright...and I'm not so amazing like you guys..." Conny look down for a moment then faced all of us and cheerfully said " But I want to become a mother just like mama once I'm all grown up! And I will never ever, let go of my kids!"

"Conny..." Emma said softly and hugged Conny and the other kids hug her too.

After the kids hug her one by one, She noticed me then called out my name "(y/n)!"

"Conny.."  I went to her and hugged her tightly for a few minutes, I was holding back my tears trying not to cry, While Emma's holding little Bernie.
"(Y/n), remember our promise?" She whispered slowly to my ears.

"Yes, of course... I will not forget it not even once." I replied with a soft voice and smiled to her then she smiled back...

When it's time, Mama and Conny is in the front door to leave, all of the kids gathered to see Conny off.

This isn't a fiction anymore or I'm not in the front of the screen... This is my reality.
I can't do anything to stop this, I realized that I am too weak.

"Goodbye everyone!"  Conny gave her farewell to us

"Take care!"

"Goodbye!"

"Don't forget us."

The kids waving in Conny with an mixed happy and sad feelings.

While she's already walking with mama to the door.
I could see her back getting farther and farther.
"Co-" I was about to call her name but i decided not to.
Then mama closed the door and there's a silent pause in the atmosphere and the kids looking so sad, some of them are crying.
Don was crying loudly because he is close with Conny too.. . he treated her like a real little sister.

Norman, Emma, Gilda and me was about to clean the dining room  but Emma suddenly shout "CONNY!?" While holding little Bernie that was left in the middle table.

"What should I do??" Emma who's panicking because of little Bernie is important to Conny

"I mean... She already left!" Gilda was next to her.

"It's too early to say that."  Said by ray who just got out of the bath.

"Just now, I saw some light turned on over at the gate through the bathroom window, mama went to see Conny off and hasn't returned yet either, there's definitely a possibility that she still hasn't left yet." Ray explained

The plans are finally getting started...

"Let's bring it to her." Norman said while smiling.

"Norman..." Emma looked to Norman.

"Although it's probably just better to ask mama to send it to her later... It'd be best for Conny's sake if we hurry right?"

I interrupted in the conversation.
"Emma, Norman don't worry! I'll clean your part so go ahead and delivery it to Conny!" I voluntary said.

"Yep!" Emma happily answered.

And so the two finally leave to caught up with Conny and mama.

"I'll help you two." Ray is taking about cleaning.

"Thanks Ray." Gilda thanked Ray and started to sweep.

Five minutes later, we were about to finished and I heard Gilda yawned so I told her.

"Gilda you can go and sleep right now, I'll finished the last part."

"Really? Thank you." She replied with a low voice she must really tired because she cried a lot too when Conny leave, she returned the broom in its placed and returned to her room.

Ray and I are alone to finished cleaning the dining room and I couldn't hold back any longer.

My tears are continuously dropping before I've realized it.
I blamed myself for not doing anything... And for being powerless.

I cried silently, it felt like my heart has been stabbed.
Before I remembered my past life, Conny and I are super closed and she's like a real little sister for me too...
She smiled and comforted me whenever I was feeling blue.
Those memories are important for me.

"(Y/n)?" Ray must have been noticed me crying.

"Oh... I'm sorry I've forgotten that you were still here... I hated myself for doing nothing."  The tears hasn't stop to drop.
Suddenly I felt a gentle pat from my back and i knew it was from ray.

"I... Wasn't able to do anything at all... Even though I knew it from the very start." Ray voice sounds very serious

I knew that...  You were planning this for a very long time...
You were seeing our past siblings off every time and they giving us a smile full of hope whenever they leave in the house but you couldn't tell the truth to them.
How sad that must have been?

I didn't hold back my tears anymore...
I cried and cried, thankfully the other kids was already sleeping and couldn't hear me cry, while Ray keeping patting my back.

I guess even though I am mentally 18 year old in my mind... I am still an 10 year old kid in this world...

Drawing of the day:

Please follow me~ in Twitter: Check out Canah (@canahxcanah): https://twitter

Twitter: Check out Canah (@canahxcanah): https://twitter.com/canahxcanah?s=09
Instagram: Canah04

Vote for more!!!