Chapter 24: Blue Fire and a Confrontation

No ones POV

Sora woke up in her tree after another nightmare and looked around. After determining she wasn't in danger, she climbed down. She didn't get to bed till late 4 am and the sun would be up soon and she decided to get a head start. She couldn't help but have a bad feeling. It was day three of camp and as far as she knew they were doing the same thing they did the day before. So why did she have a gut feeling something bad would happen?

She ignored it for now and started digging in her bag, she found her clothes and changed into her black hoodie. She latched a knife to her thigh in a leather sheath after putting on normal black leggings.

"I look like a hobo... No scratch that, I look like Scarfs," Sora thought playfully.

Sora walked off and found the lodge. She scaled the building and laid down on the roof, yawning.

She rested her eyes in hopes to get rid of the eye bags but alas, it was pointless. Sora opened her eyes and looked out at the sky.

It was painted in the colors of blue, orange, and yellow. While the fluffy clouds were a light and hot pink mix. The weak leaves of Summer that weren't strong enough to keep hold were falling from the trees and scattered across the roof, providing small cushioning for her back.

Sora didn't let her mind wander and opted to clear her mind of thoughts and just focus on the sky above her.

Then she heard noise below her and she peeked out below to see class A and B starting to come out of the lodge. Most of them were yawning while others had a bored look.

"Come on, training isn't THAT bad. I mean, I train a lot harder than that! They're going easy on them, I'm positive," Sora thought.

She waited until they were all outside and saw Shota leave last. The students continued walking towards the training clearing as the scruffy man stopped.

He looked around him with a glare.

He knew someone was watching him, he could feel it. He could sense two presents around him, one was a feeling of security and the other felt like bloodlust.

He checked the tree line but saw nothing. Then he looked back at the lodge. Sora had ducked out of sight so he didn't see anything up there either.

Shota kept walking, despite being paranoid.

Sora felt it too. There was someone here and was watching them.

She continued to observe the class for the day and had watched them from the cliff she found the day before.

The auburnette was more rested than she usually was. Despite her boundless energy that she somehow kept contained, she was usually exhausted. But today she was more rested than others so she managed to stay awake.

Soon the sun went down and she was again perched on the roof, watching the students as they tried to make stew.

The Wild Wild Pussycats announces once more that there would be training after dark and the students seemed excited as they cheered.

Sora internally groaned, "Goodbye sleep," Before she realized she probably wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.

She pulled out another granola bar and ate it. She immediately tasted the small difference in taste before realizing what was in it and laughing to herself, "Did Roy really add drops of 5 hour energy to this?!" Sora laughed roll herself.

She ate the granola bar anyway, her friend knew her so well.

It seemed like eternity until the sun fell.