Prologue

PROLOGUE

Glancing at her phone's clock which told her she had been sitting at the cafe for two hours, she took a sip from her cup of coffee and crossed her right leg over her left one. Eyeing the couple who are engulfed with each other's presence across the table she seated in, she smiled bitterly before looking away. The wind suddenly blew that made her hair a little messy. The couple got her attention again when she heard the woman giggled. She witnessed how the man fixed a bit of the hair that covered the woman's face. Simple yet sweet gesture, isn't it? He used to do that to her but now she got used doing it for herself.

As the days passed, sometimes fast and some a little too slow: she has been trying to be okay with memories, yet the sensation he left still always linger as if everything was only happened recently.

This is the ugly part of loving that no one told us. It isn't always bliss. After all the coarse you both subdued along the bittersweet journey, it is always uncertain if it will lead to till death do us part and lived happily ever after romance because some overcome hurricane together only to spend eternity with someone else.

Lia...

Her eyes roamed around and saw the man who pursued her for years. How come she didn't fall for him?

Sir. She called back. He stopped for a seconds before chuckling and shook his head.

That again? he asked while sitting. He hated Lia calling him that because he treat her as his friend so she should drop the formality.

Just teasing. Do you want coffee?

Yes, please. tinawag ng dalaga ang waiter at agad sinabi ang order. How long have you been here?

Not long.

Are you coming back to Cali?

To attend your wedding, yes.

I don't want you to witness that. Napakamot ito sa ulo. Tila nahihiya ngunit may ngiti ang labi na nagpaabot sa dalagang hindi ito seryoso sa sinabi.

Pareho ay nakatingin sa waiter ng dumating ito upang ihatid ang order nila. Agad kinuha ni Lia ang isang platong may laman ng cake.

You invited me. sabi nito ng makaalis ang waiter.

Mom did.

So, you don't want me to attend?

Yea.

She stared at him for a second.

I'll still go.

napatawa ng malakas ang kanyang kausap na nagpalingon sa ilang customer. Kahit si Lia ay napatawa na rin. His laugh is a music to ears.

I thought you would back out... Anyway, I'll be glad if you came. I'll see you there, then, Lia.

She nodded. I'm happy that Rosie came into your life, sir Darrell.

Are you sure you aren't jealous?

“I'm not.

I know. I know. Muli ay napatawa ang kausap ni Lia ng prangka sya nitong sinagot. Ngunit nawala rin ito agad bago tiningnan ng seryoso ang dalaga. You should, open your heart again. If not to anyone, at least to the one who it beats for. If only it were that easy but her feelings always end up coming back and forth.

Peter Caine Limjoco will always be the impulse in her novels.

She took a deep breath before putting the manuscript out from her bag and placed on the table. It is a journal novel starring her love journey where there is no happy ending. It took her so much courage on deciding whether to publish it.

This is me letting go.

And this is her coming to terms with the fact that right person at the wrong time is actually the wrong one. This is her hoping that everyone who read her novel can trigger something in their healing process.

*     *     *     *     *

W A R N I N G :

I started this story long ago and I only got time to publish it. I'm not a professional writer so don't expect too much from this story and please bear with all the grammatical errors.

Thank you and happy reading. Sana kahit papaano maaliw kayo sa storyang ito. I wish you all a good time.

xoxo,
SikinJoie ♡