Chapter 4

Chapter Four

It has been a routine writing letters to Peter. Letters she never sent. Letters he never got to read. She really did think of him often and her journal is the proof. She thought if she doesn't write she will go crazy for too much thoughts of him.

She placed the journal above the study table. She smiled faintly looking at it and sighs. Five months after she fled away from Philippines, she started writing. She began from one letter a month until it became more aggressive. It became intoxicating, a pastime she grew addicted to.

"There are 21 pages left now." She murmured. She place her right hand to her left chest where the heart. Her journal has 500 pages and there's only 21 pages left as she said. "Just hang in there, heart. One day will come you will no longer have time to write letters he never got to read."

She sighs again before looking away from the journal and walk straight to her bed. She can sleep now. But what does she meant by having no time to write letters to him one day? Does she have any plans to stop doing what eases her? Or is she planning to win back the guy? How exactly?

* * * * *

"Lia Carmela Guano!!!!!"

"Ito na nga e." Nakakunot nuong lumabas si Lia mula sa sariling kwarto habang binu-button pa ang damit. "Hindi ka naman deadline pero nagmamadali."

"Hindi ka naman pagong pero ang bagal bagal. Anong oras na naman tayo makakarating ng office mamaya nyan."

"May karera ba at finish line ang office na kailangan marating natin agad? Ang aga pa te." sagot nya kay Kelly at naupo na para makapag breakfast.

"Excited kasi itong si Kelly eh. Promotion day ngayon diba?" Nanlaki ang mata ni Lia ng maalala at maintindihan ang ibig sabihin ni Babi.

"The eeeef Kelly!!! Bakit hindi mo ako ginising nang maaga?" sabay tayo ulit nya at kinuha ang bag.

"Nasisi pa nga."

Lia and Babi both chuckled over Kelly's poker face.

"Let's skip breakfast today." Hindi naman na tumanggi ang mga kaibigan nya at mabilis ding tumayo saka lumabas ng unit.

" Hindi naman na tumanggi ang mga kaibigan nya at mabilis ding tumayo saka lumabas ng unit