Chapter 13

People often forgot what pain felt like when they had a blissful moment with someone they used to love.

Lia covered her face with a pillow and shout without making a sound. Hinihingal itong inalis ang unan at napatitig sa kisame. She kept telling herself she shouldn't felt any pleasure towards her ex actions. She understood that but she can't simply tell her heart to stop feeling.

Luckily, the job hiring ended smoothly. Peter left for an official business the next day kaya hindi na sila muling nagkita.

It's ironic how she always managed to compose herself but deep inside her is a mess.

"Hello, Kel. Are you free today?"

"Hindi, bakit?"

"Mall sana."

"I can't today, Lia. Nandito ako sa restaurant, nasa business trip kasi si daddy."

"Oh, ok. Kasama mo si Babi?"

"Hindi mo ba alam?"

"Alam ang?" Kumunot ang nuo ni Lia at napaupo mula sa pagkakahiga.

"Kuya Leevi kidnapped her."

"WHAT??"

"Hindi ko alam kung saan sila nagpunta. Binitbit nalang kasi ni kuya Leevi eh. Hindi paman din nakaligo yun at naka pajama pa" natatawang kwento ni Kelly.

Lalo namang napakunot ang nuo ni Lia pero kalaunan ay natawa na rin. For a moment she was concerned but then again kapatid naman nya yun, kahit pilyo ay sigurado namang ligtas ang kaibigan nya.

"Punta nalang ako dyan mamaya."

Matapos ang tawag ay naghanda si Lia upang umalis. She decided to go shopping alone, to buy new clothes that suited the country.

"You really gone shopping alone??" Tila hindi makapaniwalang Kelly.

"Why not?"

"Ang loner mo hahahaha" Lia glared her. "Pero totoo, hindi boring?"

"You should try it sometimes. You should try doing things alone."

"I know you are strong and independent woman but wala pa ako sa level mong yan."

Lia just got used to it. At first, she find doing things alone, lonely. She find herself pitiful because no one is there to accompany and help her. But later she realize that it wasn't bad at all. Doing things alone can make you know yourself more and brings out the best of you. Since you have no one to ask for assistance and suggestions, you will solely depend on yourself. And that's when you will slowly learn and enhance. You will also learned not to be afraid of rejection since you knew you can manage without anyone.

"Hindi ka kakain?" Tanong ng dalaga sa kaibigan ng makitang pang isahang tao lang ang hatid ng waiter.

"Mamaya. Tutulong pa kasi ako sa kusina. Lumabas lang talaga ako para salubongin ka.. Will you be ok here?"

"Oo naman. Para namang iba ako dito. At pwede ba, kailan ka pa naging hospitable?"

"I'm actually trying to be courteous." Kelly pouted. "Psh. Bahala ka na nga. Bayaran mo yang kinakain mo ha."