Chapter 2: Runaway

Claire's POV

"What are you guys doing?" My eyes fly open and I see Madison standing in the doorway in her PJ's. I look down.

"Uh- I uh-" I try to move, but fail, due to someone's arm locked around me torso. I push his arm off and he instantly wraps his arm around me again, "Aiden, let go!" His eyes open slowly and his grip just tightens on me. I squirm and he just moves on top of my body, bear hugging me. Madison starts laughing, "Aiden, get off. You're heavy, really, really, heavy!" I squeal. He starts to move but only to tickle my sides, "Aiden, *laugh* stop *laugh* *laugh* please *laugh* please?" He lets go and falls onto the bed beside me.

I sit up and run my hand through my hair and turn to look at Madison, "Are you hungry?" She eagerly nods her head and then I slide out of the comforter and then get up and almost on queue Aiden is right beside me. He grins before he muses, "So you're ticklish. That'll come in handy later." I look up at him and he gives me his signature smirk and a wink.

"I love pancakes. What kind of pancakes are you guys making?" Madison is prancing around the kitchen. I grab onto her shoulders and look down at her. "Chocolate chip with bananas. Does that sound good?"

"YAY! I LOVE CHOCOLATE CHIP WITH BANANA PANCAKES!" I turn to Aiden and he just shrugs because this is probably normal for him. I quietly chuckle to myself before turning to Madison and asking, "Okay eager beaver could you go run upstairs and grab my phone from Aiden's room?." Instantly Aiden exclaims, "NO! I'll go get it."

What is his problem? Everything was going fine, so what happened? Madison turns to me, "He doesn't like anyone going into his room. That's why I just stood at the door and didn't come in cause I used to really annoy him so he stopped letting anyone in his room. Except for you." Except for me? If he doesn't like anyone in his room then how did I get an invitation?

"Here's your phone," he says while he holds my phone out for me to grab. I grab it and then open it and then the doorbell goes off, the chimes singing through the house. "I got it," Madison squeals.
"Madison, I don-" Aiden starts to say, but I cut him off, "It's okay. I'm going with her." He relaxes his tense shoulders and then slightly nods his head.

Madison grabs onto my hand and drags me off towards the door. I shake my head and chuckle, "Madison, for being so small you sure are strong." She just laughs and lets go of my arm. She grabs onto the knob and opens the door. There's two boys standing there. One with a bored look on his face and the other looking like he doesn't want to be standing next to the other. But that wasn't the funny part about this. I swear I could die of laughter at how funny this little girl was. She greeted the boys by saying, "Ugh, it's just you guys."

The one that looked bored shook his head and said, "Well it's nice to know you love seeing us, too, Mad-." His eyes land on me and he scoffs, "So are you Aiden's new toy?" Did he seriously just say that to me? If we were at my house I would've punched him already. I glare at him and scoff back, "No! Are you the used toy or the pet?" His eyes go wide while the other one laughs, "WHO THE H-"

"I see you met Claire." I turn and see Aiden approaching us. His lowers his head, "Wait, this is Claire?" He nods, "Bro, that's not fair why do you get a hot sexy girl as a neighbor and I get a nerd like Ella Richards?"

"I'd advise you to watch who you talk about," I growl. He steps forward towards me and tries to get all up in my face.

"Why what are you gonna do if I don't?" He cockily asks. This boy is really starting to test me. I glare at him and growl, "Let's just say you don't want to find out."