Chapter 16

Aiden's POV

I turn off my alarm that has gone off at 6:00, every morning, for the past 2 years. I kick off my blanket. It wasn't my smartest decision this morning because as soon as it flies it's on the ground. I groan and pull myself up. I slide my legs off the side of my bed and bend over to pick up the blanket. Which was another stupid decision, again.

I just got dizzy and my head is a little sore. You know when you get up too fast, yeah I have all of those side effects now. I walk into my bathroom, take off my clothes, and walk over to my shower. I turn on the hot water and let it heat up. I walk to my sink and splash my face. I look up in my mirror. Man I'm getting fat, I really need to start lifting weights. Who am I kidding? I'm not getting fat and the girls love me. All but Claire.

I step into the shower and wash myself I hop out and wrap a towel around my waist. I run my hand through my hair and look over to Claire's window. She's getting ready, putting on a spandex shirt, which totally shows off her abs. She doesn't know it yet but you can see right through her curtains. I won't ever tell her cause she'll just say I'm a stalker. I wouldn't say stalker but... Though sometimes I just look over, when I'm bored, and see her sitting at her desk, with the cap of her pen in between her teeth. Other times I'll see her resting her head on her palm while reading a book on her bed, lying flat on her stomach.

Ouch! I get out of my thoughts when I trip over one of my shoes, hitting the corner of my box spring, making me pull my knee up to my chest. I rub it a couple of times then walk over to my dresser. I pull out some basketball shorts and a plain white tee shirt. I grab my phone and my arm band off of my table and I walk outside.

I start jogging in the direction that Claire went off to. I turn a corner and I see her talking on the phone. 'Kyle, why are you calling at 3:30 in the morning? Is everything okay? Are you alright?' Who's Kyle? I tip toe closer to where she is, so she won't hear my eavesdropping on her and this Kyle guy. Ky, what's wrong? What happened? I keep tip toeing over to her. Why does this name sound so familiar?

"I miss you guys, a lot. It's nothing like back home. I really miss the shave ice from Matsumoto's and teri burgers from H&T. I really want one right now. I miss our friendship-" She stops and I'm assuming he cut her off by saying something. She sighs and I know it isn't good. I've known her for a good 6 months now and I know it's never good when she sighs. All of it varies though. Sometimes it could be because she has something hard she has to say. Others times would be because she's been let down or because she's disappointed. But then again there are some times where the reasoning is just because she had a long day.

"Kyle, you know that I loved being crazy, reckless, not caring about what other people thought with you, but if the tables were turned I wouldn't want someone standing in the way of me being happy. I'll be up here for who knows how long and I don't think that would be fair to make each other suffer. Look what I'm trying to say is I just want you to be happy." Well see I was right about the whole 'only sigh when it comes down to those reasons' part.

She stops and just listens for a little while. She then starts asking if that was all because she was in the middle of the run, she didn't doesn't know I am crashing. "Bye Ky!" She says sticking her phone back into her band pocket. I lean down, towering over her, being whispering, "Who was that?" I see her psychically shiver from my breath fanning over her ear.

She turns around, whipping me in the face with her hair, before going off at me, "Don't do that. You scared the crap out of me." She looks at me and then says, "A friend," before turning around, whipping me in the face, again, and darting down the sidewalk. A friend? That's the answer that I get, a friend? I run up to her almost in a sprint before I catch up to her. I'm not gonna be settled with the answer of 'a friend', especially after what I heard.