WAS THAT MOM

Coty's Prov: 

As I walk down stairs in a simple black sweatshirt, blue jeans, and grey tennis shoes , I stop and set down the 2 gifts that had been left in Charlotte's room, the same place more presents would bound to be later tonight after cake, after an entire evening pretending everything is fine and normal. 

"Coty! Get ready we are leaving in 3 minutes! I'm not joking, we aren't going to wait for you!" Dad yelled being the Jerk he usually is to me. It's moment's like this I prayed for mom to just appear. 

WHAT'S HE EVEN YELLING ABOUT! I AM READY! I yell in my head

About 10 minutes later after not being able to find the dog that was in my room, and Trying to find his keys which were in his pocket we left. 

(And I know you are all wondering this is there dog)

(This is , he is a German Shepard Siberian Husky mix named Paws)

"And you told me to be ready" I said under my breath, luckily he didn't hear it, but I almost wish he did, but it's our birthday, and I don't want to mess things up for Char who was sitting on the couch fiddling with her fingers.

"Time to get in the car kiddo's" Dad said

"Actually can we walk there. Mom always had us walk there on our birthday." Char said, but I didn't comment. Dad was hesitant with the question.

"Umm sure baby" He said Finally asking. 

Even I was skeptical on her question. I already thought about my mom enough, and yet she acts as if there is no home in seeing her ever again.

The walk there was silent, unlike mom, dad didn't fill our birthdays with laughter, magic, and endless stories, with tiny friend gatherings. They were usually small days filled with contemplating, and silence, with large parties filled with endless gifts, with visits from family and friends some of which I've never met. 

We sat in the same spot, we sit in every time we eat here. Getting the same things we usually get, Charlotte got French pancakes. Dad got a couple croissants. And I got French toast. The walk home was about as silent as the walk there, for a while at least. 

"OH NO MY BAG DAD!" Charlotte screamed.

"We'll just get you a new one sweetie." Dad said patting her shoulder reassuring.

"It had my inhaler in it." She said turning to him.

He sighed and turned to me, I knew what he was asking me.

"it's not to far away, I know how to get home, Ill run and get it." I said, and they nodded there head. 

 I run back and sure enough there was the backpack still sitting on our table with the empty plates, and waiters tip. Next to the table was a new lady holding what looked like a 1 or 2 year old on her hip. She had short blue hair, and freckles lining her cheeks. She looked exactly like my mom. "Mom?" I said through the window. She smiled and looked at me, then jerked her head back to her companion.