Dungeons and Dragons

"Really? Again? Dungeons and Dragons. That nerd game? Look, I'm in the middle of a match." Groaned Maximus. He was on the phone with his friend Ethan. Maximus was in the middle of a friendly basketball match with his other friends. It was so embarrassing to leave for that nerd game but he had to, Maximus promised he would come last month.

"Look, you said you would last month and it isn't a blast to be planning everything out for you guys," explained Ethan. Maximus sighed, he hung up, he was already packing up his things. In fact, today he brought something with him. Maximus took out what looked like a ring box but in fact, this ring box held a 20-sided die... this 20-sided die was what he was going to use for the game that day.

However, this was no ordinary die, it was biased, unfair. The die was custom-made to have a higher chance of landing a 20. Maximus hid the die inside the ring box as if it was even more precious than his own life. He hung his backpack on his right shoulder and dragged it towards the direction of Ethan's house. Today was going to be a very interesting game of D&D (Short form for Dungeons and Dragons). 

Ring...Ring... "Alright I'm coming, I'm coming!" Mary dashed to her mobile phone which was charging. "Who is it?" Mary asked. It was Ethan again... "Sigh, not again. Look, I'm in the middle of self-studying the occult with Harvey can you change-"Ethan cut Mary off.

"Not a chance, we agreed on this date, at this time, we are playing D&D. I've already planned everything." Harvey looked at Mary and shook his head. He got his socks on and headed for the door.

"Come on, let's go, we are his friends anyway," Harvey said in a monotone voice. "Fine but only because you're going too" Sighed Mary as she rolled her eyes and prepared to leave.

James was in his room, staring at the dartboard on his door. He was bored, very bored. He had nothing to do. All his homework was done, all of his room was cleaned and all of the books read. He was that one guy who accomplished everything in the video game and then continues just to show off his skills to the new players. However, now James had nothing to do at all. He did not have to go to school or go for his extra activities as it was the school holidays. James was so bored, he had mastered how to get a bullseye every time he threw a dart.

Well, not really mastered. You see, James was born with immense luck. A lot of times, he may seem really good at something, but in truth, James has no idea what he's doing at all. He relies on luck to pull him towards his goal without having to lift a finger. This results in him thinking he's better than everyone, or as Ethan calls him, a narcissist.

He was hanging upside down from his double-decker bed throwing darts when suddenly his phone rang. James bolted to attention as the phone rang. It broke the silence of the room and scared James out of his daydream. He fell off his bed and came crashing down to the floor. Ouch!

James scratched his head as he picked up his phone. No surprise there, it was Ethan. Wait, Ethan! OH NO! He totally forgot about his promise to play D&D with Ethan! James hung up on Ethan, he knew why he called and immediately dashed out of his house with his shoes barely tied. He just ran as fast as he could, he knew that Ethan wouldn't be too happy about all his friends being late. James was wrong. There was someone there already, who came early.

Alice was already in Ethan's room reading a book. Among the six friends, Alice and Ethan were the closest. Well, Mary and Harvey weren't too bad of a duo either. Alice adjusted her glasses and then had an inquiry. She asked Ethan whether or not the rest of their friends were coming and Ethan replied with soon.

Just when Ethan said that the doorbell rang. He opened the door, his friends were all outside. Maximus looked very reluctant though while the others just seemed breathless. "Come on in. Wash your hands first and we'll meet you in my study room. You can place your shoes there." As soon as Ethan finished, James collapsed onto the floor. "Give me a minute, I ran all the way here..." James assured. The others all walked over James as if he were some dead corpse groaning his last words. They didn't care at all.

"Let's go, we wasted enough time already." Said Harvey as he stepped into the kitchen to wash himself up. Maximus and Mary sighed, looked at each other, and walked in as if prisoners were forced to go back to their cells.