The Quest Begins

"Wait... you all look familiar, too familiar," Maximus thought out loud. "What do you mean? We're just your average 'Joe's looking for bounty such as these two. We won't be able to survive without that money." James replied.

"Yeah, my school fees aren't cheap ya know? To even study at the school of light and Magic has always been a dream for me, and I don't want to wake up from it just because I have no gold." Added Alice.

"How long have you been sleeping like the dead?" Harvey asked.

"The only reason we kill is for the bounty to keep us alive," Mary said.

"No as in, you guys don't remember what happened before all this? Like something about a twenty-sided die?" Hinted Maximus.

"All I remember was waking up from my bed... but now you said it, I did have a weird dream about a die..." James mumbled as he seemed to be recalling something.

"I woke up, as usual, to meet up with James to go bounty hunting, nothing strange..." Alice's voice got softer and softer. Harvey and Mary were silent...

"You guys knew what happened from the start?" Maximus asked Harvey and Mary. Harvey nodded his head once. Mary stood silent. 

Ethan finally spoke again. "Maximus, whatever you're doing is making the other 'Ethan's disappear. Except for one..." That one Ethan, who was communicating with that Ethan like Maximus was? The only one who hasn't accepted that this was real...

Mary. Mary sharpened her daggers and dropped a bottle of white dust. The bottle unleashed smoke, stinging everyone's eyes.

"My eyes! I can't see!" Maximus yelled in pain. Harvey used his cape to fan away from the dust. Alice cast a slight gust of wind to blow the smoke away. "She's getting away, we'll never get out of here if we don't catch her!" James grunted as he covered his eyes. The smoke was thinning out. They opened their eyes, just like James warned, Mary had disappeared into thin air.

"Now we'll never find her, we'll never get out of here now," Harvey informed the rest.

"What do you mean? Why?" Alice asked curiously.

"She's the master of stealth and disguise, she can hide in the brightest places and dash past you without a sound. How are we supposed to find her if she can be hiding anywhere?" Harvey explained.

"Easy, we use my magic arrows..." James answered... Sounds like we have the first quest on our hands.