Panic attack

Maximus was freaking out. What in the world was happening? How can there be five Ethans? That was impossible! He had to be dreaming, so he confirmed with Ethan that this was reality. "Ethan, you better not be lying, this better not be a prank. And if this is a dream, wake me up please." Maximus screamed in panic.

"Okay, calm down, there must be a reasonable explanation for this. One, this is a dream, two, we own virtual reality headsets and are playing with them right now, three, we are on a prank show, four, we are dreaming. And none of those makes sense." Ethan said as the slow haunting feeling that this is reality sunk in slowly, like syrup flowing down the pancakes he ate that morning.

Then Ethan started gagging, he couldn't believe what he saw, four of himself, talking to someone or something, but he couldn't hear them. Maximus felt faint, his brain couldn't register the events occurring, he was thinking of ways to make this stop.

He thought of one. One way to stop all of this. He tried to remove the 'VR headset' Ethan theorized about. Nope, not working, he wasn't wearing a VR headset in the first place, meaning this wasn't a game...

Idea number two popped up in his head. Since Ethan was in his room, that meant that Ethan could leave his room, if Ethan left, maybe all of this would stop. He had to try his luck.

" Ethan! Can you hear me? I need you to tell me what is in your room exactly!" Maximus shouted as he looked up to the sky, which made more sense, considering that Ethan's voice came from the sky as well.

"Well, umm... there's four other Ethans, there is that 20-sided die of yours, there's my bed, the window, the light, the bookshelf..."

"Focus on the important things Ethan... don't waste my time on insignificant items" Maximus advised Ethan as he started to get annoyed.

"Ethan, isn't there a door in your bedroom? Open the door and get out of there!" Maximus screamed as the idea popped up into his head.

"Ok, I'll...try..."

Ethan opened the door... outside of his room, was a swirling mess of chaos. It was as if Ethan was in a tornado, spinning over the city. Clouds were forming a spiral, spinning round and round Ethan's bedroom. Each cloud had a different colour. Yellow, orange, and red clouds came from sparks and flames coming from the bottom of the twister. Pink, purple and blue came spiralling down from the top of the mess. Then green, brown, grey, and black clouds surrounded Ethan's door like an army.

"I tried, and I failed!" Said Ethan.

"Ah shucks, fine, we'll finish the story. How do I do that? Wait, where are the others?" Maximus asked.

"That's how you start the story Maximus, find the others..."