Riverman

Maximus held on for dear life, he felt his grip on the world get looser and looser. His vision begins to blur as sweat enters his eyes. His hands get weaker and weaker, his armour getting heavier and heavier. "I can't... hold on... much... longer..." Maximus groaned. Harvey bolted to Maximus' aid. He grabbed onto Maximus' hands.

Mary used a dust potion she found in Alice's bag and threw it at the mysterious figure. The figure coughed furiously, the smoke got in his eyes. Mary used the opportunity to help Harvey out. Together, both of them managed to pull Maximus onto safe ground. 

"Who are you!" James shouted from behind. He could barely see anything, the world was still spinning. "Answer me! Or I'll draw my bow!" James demanded.

The figure laughed as he took out what seemed to be a paddle. "I am the messager of death, I ride across the plains of death with my wooden boat, I am the Riverman!" He struck a blow at James using his boat paddle. 

"Ouch! Who hit me?" James asked as he rubbed his head. He aimed his arrow at the Riverman and sent it flying... at Maximus instead. He couldn't aim properly, he was too dizzy. 

The arrow was deflected by Maximus' armour. "Nice aim James, you're lucky I'm wearing armour!" Maximus teased. The Riverman turned around, preparing to attack Maximus.

"Oh no..." The trio screamed in unison as they dodged the attack. Harvey sent a dark flame flying at the river person. 

"Argh! That flame, such power, could you be..." The Riverman didn't have time to finish his sentence before Alice shot a magic spell at him. 

"Why you, I'll send you to the flames of hell just for that!" The Riverman hollered with rage. He has gone completely berserk!

"Oh no, you don't!" Mary exclaimed, flinging three daggers in his direction. The daggers phased right through the Riverman. 

"Hahaha! FOOL! You can't stab someone who doesn't have a heart!" The Riverman bellowed as he shoved Mary to the side. 

"Only magic attacks affect him..." Maximus realised as he formulated a plan. "Hmm... ok I think I might have a plan..." Maximus then whispered his ideas into Harvey's ear. Harvey nodded in agreement. 

"Hey you, yes you Riverman! Come at me!" Harvey threatened the Riverman. The Riverman turned his attention to Harvey, Harvey was now his main target to kill. Seizing this opportunity, Maximus quickly sneaked past the Riverman to Mary's side. 

"Maximus..?" Alice mumbled with the last of her strength.