[ T.L ] - 1

Nihal's  P

         Nihal's  P.O.V

After praying the first prayer of the day, I went directly to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for my family or more precisely to my mom. Maybe since childhood, I never had a family as the other kids had, growing up without a dad was definitely hard, but it was his own choice to left us.I'll simply never forgive him. However, there are not enough words I can say to describe the love and warmth mom gave to my brother and me.

While enjoying my breakfast and the beauty of the sunrise this morning from the opened window, I could hear someone opening the door as quietly as it could be done, my brother, Anas.

- Don't look at me that way , he said.

- Are you out of your mind? What do you mean by don't look at me that way? It's been days since your not staying home and you come back till morning, what the hell are you doing in the streets every night ??

- Doesn't concern you, he replied quietly.

Doesn't concern me? I got so mad that I stood up and got close to him. I could see some scars and bruises on his face, his red eyes scared me, the smell of the alcohol made me want to vomit.

- So that's why you're staying out? Getting into fights and getting drunk?

- Shut up, you don't know anything, and don't shout, you'll wake up mom!

- Exactly, imagine her reaction if she knew this!

- She wouldn't .... because you definitely won't tell her, saying while fixing my eyes.

His words got me boiling with anger, I just pushed him and went to my room to wear my long dark blue dress, and fixed my beige silky hijab without forgetting to take my keys and phone. I rushed to my mom's room to give her a kiss on the cheeks while she was still sleeping and left home quickly hoping not to get late for work.

Just like every Saturday I had to go to work, even though I'm an architecture student, the thing that makes me so proud and like to brag about, I have to work as a maid for a certain rich family. That was the only way that helped me and still helps me to pay my mom's hospital bills and to provide our needs. I am the youngest, yet I am the one who's supporting this family. Anas? He's simply nonexistent, living with us by the body but no soul or family warmth.

                                *************

Here I am standing in front of my workplace, on time, thank god! It is definitely a hugely attractive, luxurious mansion, however soulless!
Family members are not living here, only two official maids and part-time maids like me who are filling this house from time to time. I've never seen a family member since I started working here. What I enjoyed the most, was the architecture of it, it was just unique and creative, designs and color combinations were just mind-blowing. This home always inspired me for my university homework, however every single time while doing the chores, I get some weird vibes.

After a long cleaning day, I was done with the last room on the third floor, it was the most magnificent room in this house, I enjoyed every time the breathtaking garden view from the balcony. The fragrance of the sweet flowers from the garden gently drifts through the open doors and windows creating an array of heady, floral scents in the house that changes as often as the wind does.

Once I was leaving the room as my work was done, the big gate the room in the front caught my attention once again, just like every time! Normally I clean all the rooms, but I wasn't allowed to enter this one, it was a rule that no one should break!
However every day my curiosity was getting bigger, why no one is allowed to see this room? Why is it always closed?

I checked the hallway, it was empty, it was the moment when I gathered all my courage and decided to open it and see what's inside!
Once my hand on the doorknob, I heard a deep, rough man's voice shouting :

- YOU BETTER STOP RIGHT AWAY! He shouted

------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to like and comment and share if you liked it, ladies ☺️🤍