Chapter Fifteen

It was finally Saturday and I couldn't wait for the gala tonight. I quietly slid from Tom's hold and slithered out of the silk sheets. I grabbed my stuff and carefully opened and closed the door. I went into my room and took out the dress that had been hanging in a bag in the shower overnight. I called Amelia.
"Hey! Did Tom say yes to us going out for brunch?" She immediately answered.
"I didn't have time to ask him..." I said with a grin.
"Aw Gwen!" She laughed.
"He's still sleeping though, I'll ask him when he wakes up."
"But I need to get ready!" "Get ready. Trust me, he'll say yes." I said.
"What if he says no? We're both supposed to be working until 2 o'clock! And it's 9 o'clock and we haven't done anything!" She panicked. "Amelia, if he says no...I have ways of changing that." I smirked.
"For god's sake, I can hear your shit eating smirk through the phone!" She laughed. I heard Tom's door open.
"Okay, I'll see you at Anastasia's at 11." I said quickly.
"Okay see you then." We hung up just as Tom knocked on my door.
"Come in." I said. Tom came in. "Leaving so soon?" He asked, shut the door behind him and leant against it. I sauntered up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his hair. His arms reached for my hips and brought me closer.
"Tooommmmm." I said with an innocent smile.
"Yeeessss." He replied in the same manner. "Would it be okay if me and Amelia went out for brunch?" I asked, still stroking his hair. "There's a ton of jobs to do before the gala tonight baby I'm sorry." He kissed my head. "Well is this a job that you can tick off your list?" I slowly lowered onto my knees and took down his pajama bottoms, still looking up at him innocently. He grabbed my hair into a makeshift ponytail. "I guess." He said with a smirk.

"Thank you for letting us go out." I said to Tom before he left my room. "Thanks for...that." He said. I smiled and pecked him. "Now go! I need to get ready." I laughed and shoved him out the door. I texted Amelia.

Gwen: It's go time. :)

Amelia: You gave him a blowjob didnt you.

Gwen: .....😏

Amelia: Thank god for blowjobs. And that is the first and only time I will ever say that.

Gwen: 😂😂😂

We met at Anastasia's, the local café place.
"So are you excited for tonight?" Amelia asked. "I'm so excited! I really hope Tom love's the dress." I sipped my memosa.
"He will, you look like Cinderella. Do you know what he's wearing?"
"Nope." I smiled.
"Maybe tonight he'll ask me a certain question." I raised my eyebrows.
"I still can't believe he hasn't asked you already." She shook her head and buttered her croissant.
"Well, considering he's a mob leader, I don't think he's ever done it before." I said.
"Yeah he's never had a girl around for more than like a week." She said.
"Have you had a serious relationship before?" Amelia asked. 
I nodded, "I dated a guy for a couple of years and we were engaged but he uh..."
"Cheated?" Amelia guessed.
"Not quite...he was uh...murdered." I said while eating a mouthful of egg.
"Wait what? Really?" She asked.
"Yeah...it  happened like a month before I started working here."
"Oh my god. That's terrible. What was his name?" She asked.
"Jordan Armstrong." She tensed up.
"What?" I asked.
"Wait...you were Jordan Armstrong's fiance?" She asked. Oh my god. I blew it. I blew my cover!
"What! No! I said..." I couldn't think of anything.
"Holy shit you're Gwendolyn West?" She exclaimed.
"Shhh!" I tried to silence her.
"Why are you working here? You're a journalist?" She whisper shouted.
"Please calm down Amelia!" I said.
"I can't believe this!" She sat back in her seat. "You changed your name and came in here after your fiance died? Why?" She asked. "Because...ugh I can't tell you!" I said.
"You're here for a story aren't you? You here to bust us? To bust Tom? That means I lose my job Gwen!" She said.
"Amelia listen to me please I-"
"What about Tom? You're just lying to him! Do you even like him?" She asked.
"Yes of course I do! I love him!" I shouted. We both went silent.
"You love him?" She asked.
"I love him. I do, okay? I came here for a story, I'll admit that. But once I got to know Tom and you and the life here...I stopped taking notes and mental pictures and I enjoyed it. Because I have loved living in the house and having such an exciting job...even if I get kidnapped and held at gun point once in a while." We both laughed.
"But I'm not here to screw anyone over, do you understand?" I asked. She nodded.
"Please don't tell anyone Amelia. We're best friends, don't let a change of my name get in the way." I said.
"Fine...but you're paying for this brunch and every other meal we have after that." She smiled.
"Deal." I said.
"Okay, let's get you back to get ready. Tonight is the night where you tell Tom you love him, and he asks you to be official." She said. I grabbed my bag, payed for the meal then we walked out.
"Let's do this." I smiled.