Chapter 10

~Chapter 10~

Emma was dressed in her short royal blue silk dress that evening. She had her hair in a high pony and was pleased with the wolf whistles she received as she got out of the car. She saw a friend of Cheryl’s give her a dirty look before walking into the club which was the last stop for the night.

Before this, they had been at an amusement park. Emma had been mortified when she’d found out. She was not impressed by the fact that Cheryl had decided on an amusement park for her bachelorette party. Goodness, she was 19 not 13. But despite herself Emma had found that she’d really enjoyed herself there. A fact she wouldn’t admit to anyone but herself.

With only about a week left till the wedding, Emma was getting more and more desperate to get Christopher back. That’s why tonight she had an excellent plan laid out. After the men went bowling and the women returned from the amusement park, they were all to meet at a popular nightclub called Lulu. Both Christopher and Cheryl hadn’t wanted anything over-the-top for their single nights. Emma had convinced Jake to get Christopher extremely drunk and she was to do the same to Cheryl. Neither handled their liquor well and once drunk, they would inevitably spill dark secrets or cheat on the other and cause them to have a fight and call it quits.

Once inside, Emma saw Jake and Christopher standing at the bar. She smiled to herself as she turned to Cheryl. “Come on Cher! We need to get the bride drunk tonight! It’s your night!” she exclaimed beaming.

Before Cheryl could protest she dragged her to the bar and smiled at the bartender, “Shots of the strongest thing you’ve got. We’re celebrating tonight!”

Jake and Christopher noticed the two ladies and Christopher beamed at his bride and kissed her. Emma could tell he was already slightly buzzed. She grinned at Jake who blinked slightly before shaking his head and smiling back at her. Emma’s grin vanished. Jake was obviously drunk too.

Before she could say anything, Cheryl turned to the bartender and said, “Make it 4 please!”

The shots were served and Emma too was forced to gulp them down. They ordered more until each was quite drunk. Giggling and hiccupping, Cheryl beamed at her fiancé and dragged him to the dance floor. Emma herself could feel her head spin slightly as she looked at Jake who was leaning on the bar slightly unsteady.

“I didn’t ask you to get drunk!” she hissed as she smacked his arm.

He yelped and glared at her, rubbing his arm. “Christopher said it was only fair that the bride’s brother ‘celebrate’ too. And what are you yelling at me for? You’re swaying on your feet!”

“Am not!” Emma exclaimed childishly as she folded her arms across her chest. Although she did realize everything she did seemed to require a little extra effort. Shaking her head, she grabbed his arm and pulled him to the dance floor as she heard him groaning and protesting behind her. “Hush! We need to be as close to them as possible to see if they do anything stupid.”

“You’re stupid.” Jake muttered grumpily sounding like a sulky 8 year old.

“Shut up!” she said in annoyance as she put her arms around his shoulders and began to sway to the music. Continuing to grumble, Jake put his arms around her waist. She watched Christopher and Cheryl keenly but they didn’t seem to be doing anything but dancing goofily. Sighing, she turned back to Jake and in frustration, buried her face in the crook of his neck. She immediately realized how big a mistake that was as her senses suddenly seemed to heighten. She was surrounded by the smell of his woody cologne and it was intoxicating. Her breathing seemed to become more laboured as she felt his arms tighten around her waist.

She looked up into his eyes and was immediately struck by the look she saw in them. She was unsure whether they reflected what he felt or what she secretly desired. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing seemed to come out.

She continued to stare back at him even as she noticed him bending slightly and coming closer. All she knew was that when he pressed his lips to hers, her body went up in flames. Without missing a beat, she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back with all the fervour that her body was trying with no luck to contain. She felt his arms tighten around her waist even as her desire to have him even closer grew. Involuntarily, she pressed her fingers into his shoulders urging him closer and he responded by deepening the kiss.

She thought she was dying. It couldn’t be. It was impossible to feel that much pleasure. She had never felt this way before. She had been kissed before but never like this. Never in this dominating sort of passionate manner that was making her so breathless.

She heard a moan which sounded like her voice but she didn’t remember consciously doing. She felt her legs move along with his until he had backed her up against a wall and was kissing her more passionately than ever. He was the first to break the kiss causing her to immediately miss his warmth. A gasp however escaped her lips when seconds later she felt his mouth on her neck placing soft kisses all along her neck and collarbone. She whimpered and moaned his name.

He looked up and she saw how his eyes seemed to have gone darker, if that was even possible. “Jake.” She whispered simply, not knowing what else to say, not knowing what to do.  

“Let’s get out of here.” He said as he leaned his forehead against hers. She simply nodded. All she knew was that she wanted to be with him wherever he took her.

They got into a cab and left, trying their best to behave in the car. When they reached the house, he dragged her out and furiously kissed her all the way to the door just breaking their kiss long enough for them to get inside and practically sprint up the stairs. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her towards him as he crushed his lips to hers and opened the bedroom door. Without breaking the kiss, they both tumbled onto the bed.