Doctor Emerson's Speech

"AHHHHHH!" Morgan screeched when his temp/assistant appeared next to him in the break room. Kara laughed and clutched her clipboard to her chest, trying to calm down.
"I am sorry Dr. Emerson, I thought you saw me there."
"Yeah, yeah… I know you do that on purpose."
She gave Morgan her most innocent smile and moved on. "Well I cleared your schedule and you're all ready."
"Ready for what?" Morgan tilted his head and she shook her head.
"Sometimes your forgetfulness astounds me. Luckily I know how forgetful you are and made sure to remember." She paused waiting for him to catch up but it only seemed to make him more confused. "Your speech at the college. Because apparently you have multiple degrees, and somehow you're smart." Morgan blushed and rubbed the back of his head.

"Thanks Kara I don't know what I'd do without you."
"Forget to come to anything at all that's what." They laughed and Morgan grabbed his stuff to head to the college.
"Are you coming with?" Kara shook her head and Morgan frowned. "Why not? Don't want proof that I'm smart?"
She smiled, "alright I'll come with. Just let me go tell Gaius," the young girl ran off. 

She got to Gaius' office and entered respectability. "Me and Merlin- I mean Morgan, are heading to the college for his speech."
Gaius gave her a smile, "keep an eye on him. Because like you said he doesn't know who he is just yet… I just wish I knew why. We all got it when we saw him for the first time… but he still hasn't."
"I don't know… maybe he just needs Arthur?" They share a look before Kara goes to Morgan's car to get going.

Morgan put the radio in and listened to the music as they drove through the city. "So… Kara, what's new with you?"
Kara smiled at his kindness, "I saw my oldest friend yesterday. He was one of the people who fainted. I didn't get to talk to him, but it was nice to see him."
"Why didn't you talk to him?"
"I… he was gone when I came back," Kara muttered.
Morgan smiled, "they were an odd bunch… the blondie was kinda cute."
Kara choked trying not to laugh and Morgan gave her an odd look. "Shush, anyways, what was his name?”
“Mordred… can we leave it at that?”
Morgan gave her a look and shrugged, “Sure… so, what am I supposed to talk about?"
Kara gave her friend a sad look and sighed, "your memory is getting worse."
Morgan tightened his grip on the wheel, "I know. Please drop it," he clenched his jaw and pulled into the college.
"I'm sorry Morgan, I'm worried about you."
Morgan jumped up from the car and slammed the door, "I'm perfectly healthy! So stop worrying," he grabbed his bag and they headed inside.

"You're talking about your experience dealing with patients," Kara whispered.
Morgan sighed guilty, "I'm sorry… it's just I can't remember a lot of my life. Comments like that make me realize how uncommon that is."
"It's alright, let's go teach some children."
"You realize you're still a college student right?" Morgan muttered and Kara rolled her eyes and shushed him. 

They walk in together and go over to the professor. Kara froze at the sight but Morgan gave the man a small wave. "Hello I'm Dr. Emerson, you are?"
The old man smiled and shook his hand, "The name's Professor Kilgharrah. It's nice to meet you young man."
"Nice to meet you to, so I'm aware that I should talk about-"
"I know we talked about patient and doctor relationships over the phone but we have moved on since we last spoke. I was hoping that you could talk about the way people can still go through life with memory loss.”
“Actually-”
“Perfect thanks a bunch,” The professor turned to Kara, “tea?”
“That would be lovely,” Kara smiled and followed him into his office leaving Morgan alone.

The awkward doctor turned to the students with a small smile, “Hello… I’m Dr. Morgan Emerson, I’ve worked at the local hospital for 12 years. I guess I’m here to talk about memory problems… Are there any certain questions you have about the topic.” A younger boy in front raised his hand shyly, “Yes… um?
“Daegal,” He gave Morgan a small smile and Morgan felt sad all of a sudden.
“When I call on you please tell me your name. I feel bad when I can’t call you by your name. Anyways, Daegal?”
“Is it possible to trigger memories with certain smells?”
Morgan gave a small nod, “yes. However, this could be dangerous and give you a memory that your brain tucked away on purpose.”
A brown haired girl surrounded by men raised her hand. Morgan pointed and she said, “Lamia. I was wondering what you mean tucked away?”
Morgan gave her a small smile, however he felt a little unnerved by her. “Well people who go through traumatic events have a tendency to forget certain details of the event.”