Grey Area

~~~~Epilogue about 5 years later~~~~

"Merlin have you seen the gifts we're supposed to bring?"

Merlin smiled and stretched, "You lost the Christmas presents already? The party is in an hour," Merlin wrung his hands and went into the kitchen finding Arthur pacing.

"I thought they were in your drawing room?"

"I put them in the car already, calm down." Merlin laughed and Arthur shot him a look of betrayal.

"You wanted me to take care of them?"

"You took too long," Merlin shrugged but Arthur saw past it.

Arthur pulled Merlin into a hug, "Mordred will be excited... plus his mom is going to be there."

Merlin frowned but then smiled, "I know... it's just I haven't seen Aisling since... I'm amazed to even find that out. I am a grandpa..."

"Yeah, you're old... come on, let's get into our ugly sweaters then head to the Pendragon estate."

"Castle," Merlin said in between coughs and Arthur smacked him.

Merlin smiled and grabbed his black sweater that Gwaine had gotten him that said, don we now our gay apparel. While Arthur grabbed his Pendragon red sweater that he had also gotten from Gwaine. It was more simple and said ho ho, Homo. Merlin smiled and grabbed their Santa hats. He put one on Arthur's head and ignored the pain when he saw a few grey hairs. Arthur grabbed the other one and slipped it on Merlin's head and froze. He choked out a quiet, "Merlin?" Merlin frowned and put a hand on his face.

"Are you alright?"

Arthur teared up and pulled him into a hug, "oh, Merlin... this is the best christmas ever!" He swung him around and pulled him into a kiss.

"Not that I'm complaining, what brought this up." Merlin smiled cheekily.

Arthur dragged him towards the mirror and pulled the hair back a little bit. Close to his scalp were a few grey hairs and Merlin froze, tears welling up in his eyes. "Oh..." Merlin turned around and clung onto Arthur, "I love you."

They both stayed in each others' arms before Merlin grabbed his hat and put it on, letting out a cheer. "Come on Arthur I need to show Gwen!" They got into their car and Arthur drove because Merlin would've sped.

"Calm down Merls," Arthur joked but he was also going as fast as he could.

"Never," he joked as they parked and grabbed as many gifts as possible running into the house.

He knocked and Uther opened the door, Merlin gave him a hug before running past him. Uther raised an eyebrow and smiled at his son-in-law. Arthur walked up with the rest of the gifts and gave his father a smile and they went into the house together. "You guys, other than Mordred and his family are the only ones not here yet. And he had to pick his Mother up from the airport," Uther smiled and Arthur laughed.

"We got distracted," He told his father and watched Merlin set the presents down before turning towards Arthur. Arthur dropped the gifts down and sat down on the couch after giving his mother a hug. Ygraine smiled next to her husband.

Merlin rushed to Gwen who turned to give him a hug. "Gwen! Gwen! Gwe-"

Guinevere cut him over with a laugh, "Yes Merls?"

He pulled off the hat and she looked up, "did you get a haircut?"

He shook his head, "No! Look, there's some grey hair!"

Gwen looked closer and fair enough there were some grey hairs coming through. "That's great news! I'm happy for you!"

Uther chuckled, "most people hate when they get grey hairs."