Dear Dollophead

Arthur paced and Lance tried to calm him for what felt like the hundredth time. "Morgana and Mordred are with him, he'll be in safe hands."

"What if they were pretending so they could get to him first?"

"I don't think that's the case," Aithusa muttered.

Leon stood up and stopped Arthur, "I think we should focus on how to get his memories back. If he gets them then it won't matter if he's in trouble. He could easily save himself, he's not as helpless as we all once thought."

"How would we do that?" Gwen asked fiddling with the royal seal.

"There are many ways that you can remove memories... however I don't believe it would be permanent. He knows better than that," Aithusa sighed.

Freya looked at Arthur then at the bag full of his old stuff. "Did you read the note he left you? It might help."

Arthur tensed and glanced from everyone's gazes. "He left you a note?" Lancelot asked carefully.

The blonde bent down and picked up the bag, grabbing the box. "I didn't want to read it... I still don't. Not after leaving him like I did... I want him to yell at me for being a prat. However, I have a feeling he's forgiven me. I don't deserve that..." Carefully he opened the box and noticed the prophecy before grabbing the letter. His hands shook and suddenly he felt sick to his stomach. Arthur simply stood there frozen making Freya get off the counter to stand in front of him.

"When he's back you will need to talk to each other. However, the fate of Albion is at stake. Do you want me to read it out loud?"

Arthur went pink and shook his head, "No I can do it."

Arthur took a deep breath, unrolled it, and cleared his voice. "Dear Dollophead. How do you start a letter to someone you're starting to doubt? I don't know if you'll ever come back. Sometimes I wonder if it was all Golden Scales way of getting back at me. Oh, that's another thing I never shared with you. Do you remember Balinor? He was my father... I didn't know until we left Camelot. Gaius told me. After he died I got the trait of the dragonlord. So I simply told Killigarah to fuck off."

Lancelot chuckled but shut up when Gwen sent him a look. "I guess I never told you a lot of things. Did you meet Freya? She's wonderful, another thing I never told you about. Over the years she has become a sister to me... and boy have we been around for years and years. Today is the anniversary of your death... it's been exactly 425 year. Everyone's gone... I thought that maybe Leon was immortal because of the whole cup of life thing. However he passed away just like everyone else has."

"Hello, I know you're smart enough to notice the difference in ink... it's been a while. Writing to you is different than anyone else. Because it hurts... it hurts too much. I want to lie to you and say that it's been a year since I started the letter. However it's been much longer. It's the anniversary once again... it's been a millennia since I last spoke with you. I don't want to wait any longer... if I try I will definitely break my promise to Percy. I've seen eras come and go but you're still gone. Did you know I was blind for a bit? It was a weird experience. I saved a kid from a fire with my magic... he got out before the place exploded, I however didn't have such luck. I healed up but not perfectly... I wear glasses daily because of it."

"I'm sorry, I know what I have to say but I don't want to see any disappointment from you. I've learned a spell... more like I created a spell. When we met next I won't know, I know my plan was to wait for you. But I can't do it. Don't think since I'm forgetting you, I don't..." Arthur stopped reading and tears welled up.

Gwen put a comforting hand on his shoulder and gently took the letter from him, "it's okay. I'll finish it, okay?" Arthur let out a sob and everyone felt their hearts break. Their leader was breaking... their King was hurting.