I'm Merlin

~

"MERLIN! Put that down!" His mom yelled and an about 3ish year old Merlin let his magic drop the broom. "You can't let people see that, you know that." Her voice was scared but sweet.

Young Merlin frowned, "Why can't I, Momma?"

Hunith looked conflicted at the sad face, "it's not normal. People don't like that... it could get you in trouble."

"Is it 'cause I'mma monster?" Young Merlin trembled and tears welled up, "Like Miss Davis? Everyone hates people like me?" Merlin started to cry and Hunith pulled him into a hug.

"It makes them scared, you need to be smart about it Merls."

~

Merlin smiled at his mom as he helped her cook supper. "Make sure to add the water Merlin," Hunith smiled as she cooked some of the bread.

"Of course Momma! I know that it needs water!" Merlin looked young, maybe six, as he smiled and continued cooking.

"You're so smart, honey," Hunith chuckled.

"It doesn't need honey!" Young Merlin mumbled and Hunith bursted into laughter that lit up her face.

~

He held out his hand to Gaius, I'm Merlin."

"Hunith's son?" He asked his eyebrow raising.

"Yes!" Merlin smiled.

"But you're not meant to be here till Wednesday!"

"It is Wednesday."

~

A target landed by his feet and Merlin gave Arthur a smile, "Hey, come on, that's enough."

"What?"

"You've had your fun, my friend," Merlin tried and Arthur's face screwed up into a face of confusion mixed with anger and amusement.

"Do I know you?"

"Er, I'm Merlin," He held out his hand and the blonde ignored it.

"So I don't know you." Arthur stated and Merlin held in a groan.

"No," he smiled.

"Yet you called me friend." Arthur mused and Merlin smiled up at him.

"That was my mistake."

"Yes, I think so," Arthur stated arrogantly.

"Yeah. I'd never have a friend who could be such an ass," Merlin smiled and walked away. However, Arthur spoke up as Merlin walked away.

"Or I one who could be so stupid."

~

"I'm Guinevere, but most people call me Gwen. I'm the Lady Morgana's maid." Gwen smiled going up to him as the children ran off to get more food to throw at him

"Right. I'm Merlin," he said and reached his hand out to shake hers. The stocks made it difficult, but he still managed and smiled. "Although, most people just call me Idiot."

~

"How small you are for such a great destiny." Kilgharrah mused, dropping on a rock in front of him.