I Hate Hospitals

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

The last time I had been at a hospital, Grayson had broken his arm trying to beat Jacob in a mooning competition. 

He was 11. 

I distinctly remember the awful smell of disinfectant, and how they poked and prodded Grayson's arm, making him cry out in pain. Seven-year-old me had nearly punched out the nurse, causing Dad to restrain me and Charlie threatening to sit on me if I didn't stop. 

The stitches in my foot seemed painless compared to Hazel's stitches above her eyebrow, which they had to partially shave just to stitch her skin back together. Mamma had had to leave, tears in her eyes at the sight of both of us in the ER, and even my father had looked a little stressed.

But now, they were both back in our little conjoined room, as we waited for the right papers so that we could be released. The doctors had advised Hazel stay the night just to check in on her head, but my father insisted she'd be well cared for back home, to which the doctors had just shrugged.

There was no point arguing with the man who owned the building.

"Papà, could you pass me my phone, please," I asked, and my father leant over to the small desk in the corner of the room, before handing me my phone. The pastel purple case was beginning to age and lose it's colour, but I could not find anymore cases like it, and refused to change it.

Evelyn had messaged me about a biology assignment, before spamming me with 'get well soon' gifs accompanied by pictures of the recent celebrity guy she was crushing on. I quickly replied with pictures of little frogs, the first animal that had come to mind.

Instagram was full of DM requests from people wanting to know all of my family's secrets, so I switched to my private profile, which was only for the closet family and friends. I noticed there was a new friend request, and raised an eyebrow as doggielover15 had requested to follow me, the same person who had messaged me the other day.

Surely this was not a mistake.

From: doggielover15

You know what. I did mean to message you. This is stupid, but I'm selfish and I can't get you off my mind. My name is Quinn Walker.

My eyes widened, as I stuffed my phone under the hospital bed sheets, just in time for Grayson to walk in, his hair now back to its usual dark brown hue. He looked rather guilty as he eyed Hazel and I, but a warm grin from Hazel managed to wipe his grim expression from his face. 

"Hey Hazelnut, hey Ana," he whispered, taking a seat on the edge of Hazel's bed. "I'm really sorry about all this." He waved his arms around gesturing to the hospital, and I let a faint smile dance across my lips.

"It's okay Gray," Hazel said gently, beckoning for him to give her a hug. He accepted, and she snuggled into him, careful to not knock her head. My father did the same with me, wrapping his large arms around my tinier frame, and I leant against him, inhaling his spicy cologne.