Fun-filled evening

After their little victory, Aditi and Ahana decided to celebrate and spend some time together which they were craving since long.

"Where are we heading to? ", a curious Ahana asked.

" Our favourite spot"

Both of them had a wide smile plastered on their faces remembering their first meet.
They first had met in a nearby garden when they were seven and were now inseparable. Aditi had broken her doll and was crying her lungs out when Ahana offered her a piece of her chocolate which her dad had just bought. That day, the piece of chocolate went in her mouth and Ahana, in her heart. Often they used to play together in the garden and after a couple of days they were frequent visitors in each other's place. Both of them were astonished to know that they lived a couple of feet away and were so happy to discover this. Marines and the terrace was undeniably favourite but that garden still held a special place in their hearts.

"It feels so good to sit here after months, I suppose"

"I know right, anyways congratulations Miss. Ahana"

"Thanks but you know it wasn't possible without you"

"I know I am awesome but thanks, anyways"

"Self-obsessed"

Both of them broke into fits of laughter.

"By the way, don't you think you and Neil would make a cute pair"

"Aditi please!"

"I am serious yaar. Just look at the bond you guys share. You seem to be comfortable around him. What's the problem? "

"You know what's wrong"

"It's been five years now, Ahana. I think this much time is enough. For God's sake, not everyone is the same. You are being a philosophy teacher and giving knowledge to Neil but what about you. Don't you think even you should let it go"

"It's not that I haven't tried and you know that"

Gubbare le lo, gubbare
(Take some balloons)

"Bhaiya, kitne ke diye? ", Aditi asked.

" Madam, 10 ka ek"

"Saare de do bhaiya"

"What the fuck are you doing? ", Ahana asked perplexed.

" Yeh lo bhaiya, Rs 100"

"Shukriya madam ji"

With this the vendor went and Aditi beamed with the 10 balloons in her hand.

"Care to explain"

"Okay, so open my bag and remove pen and paper WITHOUT ASKING ANY QUESTIONS"

"YOU ARE MAD"

"Thanks", she showed her tongue.

" Done"

"Now, write down everything that has kept you tied even after all these years and I means EVERYTHING"

"And then? "

"We will tie it to this balloons and let it fly in the air, away from you"

"You have lost it"

"Shut up and do as I say, dil se karna, huh"

"Why the hell did I befriend you", Ahana groaned in annoyance.

" You have asked this question a thousand times till now I suppose", she chucked.

"Done"

Together they tied the paper to the balloons and left it in the air with constant bickering by Aditi.

"These problems are going far away from you. They are gonna vanish in air. Forget them if they ever existed. Your soul is free from all the past baggage"

"Baba Aditi, SHUT UP"

"I am helping you here and you are being a mean bitch"

"Whatever"

"I know you are feeling light and better"

"Nonsense"

"Your face tell me, baby"

"Eww"

They sat in comfortable silence. Ahana really felt relaxed after following that stupid idea of Aditi. She didn't tell her coz of that big fat ego of hers but both of them knew the truth better. Th fun-loving and carefree Ahana had deep oceans of secrets in that wounded soul which no one knew about except Aditi.

After few minutes, they got up, smirked at each other and ran towards the car. The person who reaches the last, pays for the entire day's expenses. Aditi made it to the car first and did her victory dance showing tongue to Ahana.

"As it is I was planning to pay, that's why I lost, on purpose, you know"

"I know, I know"

The girls giggled and made themselves comfortable in their seats. With the amazing songs being played on radio, they started their journey.

"Where to? "

"Where this road take us"

"Yea yea, safar khubsurat hai manzil se bhi"

"Yahoo"

Their car took speed and off they were, in a jiffy. The ate on random stalls, visited parks in the route and played pranks with people walking on the streets. After covering substantial distance, they finally took help of GPS and headed back to home.

"This terrace view is so amazing"

"Undoubtedly"

The stars and the moon were their companion since childhood. They discussed about further plan, random topics and the good old days until sleep engulfed them.

If this chapter did interest you, please do vote and comment,
Thank you!