Reality

"It was from my cousin sister, Shanaya. She is getting married and wants me to attend the function. The two of us were very close, she was the best cousin anyone could ever get but Bua had asked her not to be in contact with me. She had made sure that I was blocked from all the sites"

The text read, "Ahana, I am getting married. Remember, the way we had planned in our childhood, the exact same way. It's an arrange marriage but the guy is very nice. He is well settled, has a nice and comfy house and is good looking also. He is kind and cute too. But all this feels so incomplete without you. For years I've thought that things would fall back in place and you would be by my side. Each time something happened, I used to dial your number but then the truth used to show me a mirror. I did try to obey mom but on one the most important day of my life, I want the most important person by my side. I don't know what to say more, but I miss you, please do come. "

"What's the problem then? ", Neil asked not understanding. He thought it was a good opportunity to mend things.

" After all these years and insults, I don't want to go. I really love Shanaya but this is not something my self respect would allow me to do. She never texted all these years and suddenly what crept into her"

"She said she wanted to but can't due to her mother"

"Then, why now?"

"Because it's her marriage and she wants you there"

"No, it is because now, I make millions and I am famous and they are in a critical financial condition. I know we broke ties long back but I always had information about them. It's Bua who would have told to message her, I am sure.
You know once in a party, when somebody asked Bua about my success, she said I would have slept with men to climb the stairs so fast. It takes years to reach that height, by hardwork of course. She didn't know I had listened to that statement. I went from there faking illness. That did hurt very bad. I would never go back there, ever. As much we had planned about marriage, I won't attend it and neither would I reply to her text. For them, my family was dead so now, even I don't care ", she was firm in her decision, hurt evident in her voice.

It does hurt when your favourite people comment such vague things. They knew nothing about her yet chose to say these harsh words.

" Ahana, I don't think you should go there"

"I am not going Aditi. Respect comes above everything. I can help their company as some sort of charity but I would never let my respect go into drain and attend the marriage"

After this, nobody spoke a word. They silently drifted into deep slumber. The sun rays disturbed their beauty sleep as they lazily opened their eyes. After a prompt good morning, they went for their respective schedules.

Whilst in a meeting, Ahana's cell popped a message. The contents brought a wide smile on her face and she quickly winded the meeting.

"Neil, we found the clue", she texted him.

Owing to the surroundings, he controlled his excitement and went straight into her cabin and hugged her tight.

" The detectives finally found the place where those fake meds were being manufactured and transported. They have taken photos and videos of the same. Now it's time for the master stroke"

"Gosh, I am so happy and I forgot to tell you, the doctor had just called and he informed that my parents can get a discharge tomorrow"

"Dude, this is risky. I hope your parents don't know about the discharge thing. Call the doctor and request him to keep them for a week, under observation. Our plan may fail, last minute"

"You're right. I totally forgot about that"

With this, Neil called up the doctor whereas Ahana rang her parents, Aditi, her attorney and Mr. Sharma.
She fixed a meeting with her and scheduled it in two hours. She was ready for the climax.

If this chapter did interest you, please do vote and comment,
Thank you!