Aditi

It feels so good to see Ahana genuinely happy after ages and those happy tears!

Years back, the scene in my bedroom terrified me to no limits. Had I not made it on time, I would've lost my bestie. I had never seen her so vulnerable.
I still remember those cute little hands offering me chocolate and those eyes that held nothing but innocence. We were seven back then and now, when she offered to help Neil, I could see the same seven year offering a chocolate which she had received after so much insistence. She was kind from the start. How I hope, that devil would have never entered her life.
After facing so much, when she emerged as one of the leading business woman, I was so proud. She has been my rock strong support throughout. I could have never opened my firm without her help. She was the one who convinced my parents to let me opt fashion designing as a career choice. They wanted me to be a doctor as I was very good in studies but they could never notice the drawings in the last pages of my book. I know it was her even though she denied it right away. My parents can't magically change their decision overnight without anything happening. I have seen the spark in her eyes when I finally got my degree. Each other's achievements and happiness has always mattered more to us rather than our own. She has become a sister now, family.
I thought I would be jealous when Neil would enter her life but I am more happy than ever.
She says that I love her because we are together for years but when somebody else makes her love herself more than anything and each time proves it to her that she is worth it, I can be nothing but happy.
Maybe both of them are right, the bond they share is too beautiful to let it ruin by them turning into couples. A lot of problems arises when you tag yourself as lovers. What more honest bond than a friendship!

"Madam, where are you lost? ", Ahana spoke breaking her chain of thoughts.

" Uh, nothing "

"I thought you would like to continue what you saw that day in the bedroom", Neil spoke.

"That is very much unfair to tell you now. Don't ruin such a priceless moment. I got two great friends, yaar. It's the time to celebrate"

"Well, she has a point"

"I know, come on let's go"

The trio left in their sunroof car exploring the night life of the city. Mumbai was famous for it's life in the dark. This place is known for always being awake. They drove to random places, had pav bhaji on the stalls, took soda bottles and ran away in the car and so much more fun. It felt as if a jigsaw puzzle found it's last piece and got completed.

No matter how much fun they have on roads, singing on the top of their voices and enjoying the cool breeze from the top but their nights were always incomplete without the terrace and the stars.
Yet again, they settled down in the terrace reminiscing what they just did and started giggling. Nobody knew behind a stern business woman, a renowned fashion designer and a broke son of leading pharmaceutical company lies a child like soul who just needed each other to be happy.

They were about to call it a night when Ahana's phone pinged with a message. She wondered who was it at this hour of time. The message left her in tears and her laughing face turned into a sullen poker face.
Aditi snatched the mobile from her hand. The moment she read the name, she knew what was wrong.
It was a message from.....

If this chapter did interest you, please do vote and comment,
Thank you!