[ 00:07:00 ]

-XIII-

-00:07:00-

Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man and the thin line thing was how his dad would've explained it. His dad had never failed to teach Marvin about almost everything. Mostly about science. They used to laugh at the idea of the frog prince being dissected in a pan. A grim realization occurred to Marvin: his dad had gone through that becoming a Vitruvian Man on a Dissecting Pan, only that it was the mortician's dissecting pan. And now it's Marvin's turn to be the frog prince-to be the Vitruvian Man. It would be a hands-on examination in anatomy class. Sure he was so good about it because he planned to be a surgeon in the future. Although the future seemed so distant and sounded like a pipedream as he lay on his Dissecting Pan.

Marvin waited and wished for Charlie's soothing voice, but it didn't come this time. Despite its numbness, an excruciating pain surged from his right leg as the eel syringe was buried in his thigh. Marvin instantly felt his legs, which was a bad thing. Sorrie Dockie but we need to call the anesthesiologist for this one. A thought involuntarily occurred to him while he screamed all the pain out until his vocal cords sounded raspy and his voice cracked as if out of tune. Tears rolled out from his drowned eyes.

Dad... Marvin wearily thought. Daddie-it was how they both called their father, please help me bear this pain... Marvin wanted to cry out, but his voice seemed to have retired from his throat. Ma... he continued. Mommie-and it was how Charlie insisted on calling their mother even if Marvin used to call her Mama-I'm sorry... I'm very sorry... Then another pain blocked all the other pain he was feeling at the moment. It was the sort of pain coming from a heavy heart as its surrounding muscles constrict it tighter and tighter until it seemed to escape but just ended up being stuck in your throat. He thought life was unfair because there would no longer be an assurance of having a chance to apologize for his mess. The remorse was all over his brain.

Marvin wished, hoped, talked--mentally talked--to God. The Prime Mover who is with you and within your heart in every fraction of your time--as what his father used to say. Marvin asked for His forgiveness.

Above all, he wished with all his might-in the loudest scream his mind could mentally scream...

I wish I hadn't screamed at Mama. I wish I had not shouted at her. I wish I had not made her cry and my little Charlie too. I wish...

Just a wish... Then he closed his eyes and passed out for an hour which seemed to be just a few seconds.