[ 00:02:00 ]

[ Nyankokun You were the only person that I have tried working with (despite the shortness of that time) on this platform with the "Sulat Bisaya." We would probably never know each other personally but thanks for the little chats and the wondrous plan that was (although, short lived but it wa fun)]

-XVIII-

-00:02:00-

"Work on the door. I'll try to entertain the asshole," Jarred said vocally as he reached a metal door with coiling wires and crisscrossed shafts.

Marvin looked and mentally replied,  How'd you know this is the door?

I don't know. I just know it! Dammit! came Jarred's echoic reply.

Okay! A'right!  Marvin replied and nodded at the same time.

Beads of sweat were rolling on his face as he tried to unlock the door. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest and beating in his ears as if those were drum rolls stimulating the soldiers in his veins to provide more adrenaline.

Even if Marvin was working on the door, his senses could detect and produce visual images in his head about what was going on behind him.

Jarred was pushing all the computers in an attempt to feed the hole and choke it with so much stuff.

What the hell's taking you so long?
Jarred asked.

I'm still working!

Well, make it faster!

Suddenly, Marvin noticed a small blinking box on the farthest right side of the wall. He looked for anything to hit it and found a rotating chair under what seemed to be a metal board. He grabbed it and shoved it on the blinking box. It took him four quick swings before the thing was destroyed and burst with electrical sounds and sparks. There was a loud creaking in the doorway as the metal door slid open revealing another door that was made out of glass and a metallic frame. From the glass, the night sky and the silhouettes of the tall grasses could barely be seen. It gave a surge of excitement, hope, and adrenaline to Marvin. He raised the rotating chair as high as he could and struck the glass door. The force of the surroundings made him feel like he was doing it underwater. Every movement required extra force to counter gravity. The impetus of the partly mangled chair broke the glass door creating sharp shattering sounds that felt like music to his ears.

It was then Marvin realized that he had lost his mental image of what was going on behind him and Jarred. He quickly looked back to give the good news but as he turned, his eyes met a terrible scene. Jarred had been struggling with the cords and wires coiling around every part of his body. Those were moving like snakes and tentacles of some robotic sea creature fastening Jarred in place.

Shit! Why didn't you call me!? Marvin asked through his head again.

I can see that you are about to open the door so I didn't bother.

Marvin's first instinct was to help Jarred so he made a jerking step forward. Before he could even get a meter closer to where Jarred was, a large black cord slithered and twisted around Jarred's body. The flat black cord had a sharp needle on its end, and before Marvin could even make another step, the needle struck Jarred's nape.

Fuuuuu---- Jarred screamed. His voice sounded like he was about to rapture his vocal cords. His thoughts came speeding like sharp shards in Marvin's mind. He could feel Jarred's body and how much pain there was in it at the moment.

Another fat black cord came slithering lazily towards Marvin.

Hey! came Jarred's mental message.  You have to go now! Get the fuck out of here!

No, bro! We're going to get out together!

There was a sudden wave of feeling from Jarred. Marvin heard him laugh but he wasn't that sure if it was really laughter, mentally or vocally. Marvin saw how much there was in them. Being in that place gave them something that could not be explained in scientific details nor could it simply be explained in plain words. It may sound outrageous but they gained power.

In an instant, the gravity that was binding their strength was gone. Marvin dashed towards Jarred. His hands were shaking sporadically.

All of a sudden, a voice coming from the ever-growing black hole flooded the air; We knew, for so long... Humans are special creatures. You are capable of acquiring abilities to control the natural forces around you. But it's such a waste. You have destroyed so much of what we have worked for. Because of this, you two deserve to expire!