[ 00:01:00 ]

-XIX-

-00:01:00-

Don't touch it! Don't you fucking touch it! He heard Jarred's thoughts blaring before he could even touch the cord.

Without any warning, one cord dashed toward Marvin however, it froze in mid-air.

You have to go!

Another cord came, then another one until there were a dozen of them squirming like oversized worms. The cords with pointed ends began striking Marvin in random places but Jarred was able to freeze them in mid-air just like the first one. Marvin realized that Jarred could also do telekinesis.

You fucking hard-headed! Get the fuck out of here! I don't need your help. It's too late! Now, go!

Marvin was confused. He couldn't decide what to do. He looked outside through the broken glass door.

I can't hold them any longer! Blood gushed out of Jarred's mouth. Some leaked out from his nostrils and before he could close his eyes the cords continued to move again and began to strike in random places. Some missed his arm and rib, some struck the floor but one was successful in hitting his left thigh and brought a great surge of pain in his entire body. That one made him kneel and let out a maddening scream. He tried to talk to Jarred telepathically but he could only sense his faint consciousness.

After all, Death isn't a Boinkie Toinkie, Marvie! Is it? A cold and robotic voice said accompanied by a second wave of speeding needles. Marvin raised his hand and in an instant, the cords froze.

Give up now. You will not stand a chance against us.

The entire place began to tremble. The scenery outside of the broken door began to move down the way the sun set below the horizon.

Marvin looked at the unconscious Jarred. There was a faint sound from Jarred's thoughts that said, go home! You don't want to die while keeping a grudge with your mom.

Marvin didn't know what to reply. He doesn't want to reply. It reminded him so much of his father telling him to be a good son and a good brother to Charlie. The memory of his father instantly made his tears trickle.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered. "I'm sorry..."

Don't be...

Jarred's telepathic voice was weak and echoic. I'll do my last trick and you go escape from all this shit!

Marvin nodded even though Jarred's eyes were closed. He slowly stood up. His left leg was stinging but he managed to move that leg so he thought the damage must probably not be that bad. Marvin had managed to walk limping towards the doorway. The ground was already a few feet from the ground. The cold night breeze greeted him eerily. At the doorway, Marvin turned to look at Jarred. Jarred opened his eyelids and before he closed them back he sent the last telepathic message to Marvin: You remind me so much of my little brother. I guess I'll be meeting him and my parents a little later.  It's nice to meet you, man! Now fuck off... The last sentence was dreamy. Jarred spiraled down the menacing hole--devoured--but he could still hear his words reverberating. Marvin jumped out of the door and landed on a few balding ground that was not able to save his back from the little rocks. The landing was so bad but it was a relief being out from Allen's Point. About eight feet above him the Allen's Point cafe continued to hover higher. A bolt of quick sharp lightning suddenly hit the entire building and in an instant, it vanished without a trace. The skies continued to rumble after a couple of bolts of lightning in every direction.

The place was dark. 

And Marvin lay on the prickly grasses for a few moments...