[ 00:05:00 ]

-XV-

-00:05:00-

Thud! 

Bang! 

Thud! 

Bang! 

The rumbling sound of something semi-solid colliding against the solid metal reverberated in the air. He remembered how Charlie described the sound (the very first time they formulated that funnie rhymie).

It sounds BOINK and TOINK kuya! BOINK-TOINK! That's a funnie rhymie! Charlie said and then giggled before he finally laughed.

Boo! Marvin replied once to mock his childishness and—tada! Presto!—that was how the Funnie Rhymie: Boinkie Toinkie Boo was born.

After the angry echoes receded into weak hums, the man who owned the last sane human-like thought, came carrying some clothes.

Put this on! Jarred talked to him telepathically as he threw the clothes on him. "Questions later. I'm just as confused as you are," he continued with his real voice this time. And then with his head again: Let's get out of here before their foot could even start a step.

Rhode came staggering with a hideous look. He looked perfectly human except for the set of slavering teeth in his grin. Jarred threw his heavy fist on Rhode's face sending him against the metallic white wall. Jarred ran and Marvin followed him limping towards the dizzy twists and turns of the corridors. The place was no longer a subdivided room. It has turned into a labyrinth. Marvin has his imagination back. He thought of Theseus and the Minotaur. As Marvin turned back he saw that Rhode—the Minotaur—was trying to catch up with them in just a few strides. The white corridors where they run were decorated with blood and guts—mostly by intestines which could be mistaken as crimson ribbons.

Ariadne's Thread...Marvin thought.

What? Jarred replied in his head as he gave Marvin a puzzled look.

No! Nothing...Sorry.

The escape became nauseating and for the first time after entering the place, Marvin felt his stomach threatening to empty itself. He started to feel a stinging pain on the back of his head. Sorrie Dockie but we need to call the anesthesiologist for this one, Marvin remembered.

"Shut up!" Jarred growled. Then with his head, Shut up! You're so noisy! You are getting inside my head!

Marvin began to feel a stinging pain at the back of his head. He began to feel lightheaded however every step seemed to become a difficult task.
Their legs suddenly felt heavy as if the gravity inside was raised to the tenth power. Jarred tripped and fell forward. Marvin was on time to catch his arm before he could sprawl on the bloody floor.

"I think—" Marvin started.

"—we have to face that—Minotaur huh?" Jarred completed the sentence for him.

"Yep! Buddy!"

"Monster Kill?"

"A monster kill!" Marvin agreed as they turned to face Rhode—the Minotaur.