[ 00:03:00 ]

-XVII-

-00:03:00-

A shrill scream came accompanied by a multitude of voices. The black hole started to grow as wide as the back wall of Allen's Point. It began to swallow everything while sustaining the symphony of hideous voices.

Marvin turned towards Rhode--towards Death--had a glimpse of the point of no return. His eyes were filled with tears and his heart was filled with a new gust of terror.
Rhode's lower extremity started to stretch, swirl then crumple towards the singularity--the central emptiness of the voracious vicious hole--leaving only the right arm twitching convulsively the way a cockroach's leg does when removed from its body. The sucking force, the gravity that was trying to pull everything began to increase proportionally.  As the hole grew larger, its force grew stronger.

"Oh, Charlie, please tell me this is just a Boinkie Toinkie," Marvin said under his breath as if trying to address his brother telepathically.

Jarred quickly grabbed Marvin's right shoulder.

Let's get the fuck out of here before that thing sucks the fuck out of us!

Marvin turned and began running with Jarred. Both without uttering a single word but had a conversation as if their ears had a built-in telephone receiver.

Alright! Jarred heard him. I really want to go home now--really wanted to go home badly.

Shit! I can't move my legs! Neither my arms! Marvin mentally said. His legs and arms were still tons-heavy. Jarred went back and threw a fist on Marvin's face. He tasted that metallic taste of blood on his tongue. "What the hell was that for?" he roared and moaned briefly because of the stinging edge of his lips. Marvin didn't receive a reply from Jarred: mentally or vocally.

Jarred released another blow on Marvin's left cheek as the void grew wider behind him.

"What the FUCK?" Marvin enraged and absentmindedly replied with a kick against Jarred's punches as he was in full control of his legs again.

"Ugh!" Jarred squatted briefly and got up with some apparent veins on his neck. You... in control of your arms and legs again?

Hell yeah! Marvin realized then what the punches were for.

Sorry about it. Now, let's go!