limbo

ᒪᗩƳᒪᗩ

ᒪᗩƳᒪᗩ

ᗰᎥᗪ-ᒎᗩᑎᑌᗩᖇƳ
ᖇᗴᗪᗝᑎᗪᗝ ᗷᗴᗩᑕᕼ, ᑕᗩ

❤️

"So he's sticking with that story? He just blacked out and woke up next to her?" Macie asked me a few days later as the two of us were baking in my tiny kitchen. We were spending the day in, at my place, dishing over my meetup with Shawn and I couldn't help but feel my heart tug in two different directions.

On one hand, my relationship with him should be dissolved and dealt with at this point, but on the other hand, this was the same guy who shared his innermost feelings and vice versa.

There was no just 'moving on' from Shawn and I knew it... no matter what he did.

"I guess..." I said with a shrug before grabbing Duchess, who had been jumping on my leg and placed her to the side. Just a second later, she was under me again, running in circles around my feet.

"I thought you said he didn't drink like that anymore...?" she asked as she reached over to grab the container filled with red, edible glitter. She looked down with a smirk, trying her best not to laugh at me dealing with Duchess.

"He doesn't... and that's why none of it makes sense for me. He'd never go back to that place. He... he promised me," I said as I licked my thumb before huffing out loud.

"What's with you today?" I asked, picking Duchess before setting her in her crate. She whined for a few minutes before finally settling down for a nap.

"Such a good mom you are," Macie teased and I rolled my eyes before returning to my tray of cookies.

"But seriously, Lay, knowing everything that went down between you two... even I'm torn. What are you going to do?" she asked and I sighed once more, setting the spatula I was using down.

I shrugged in defeat, honestly clueless.

"I don't know, Mace. I mean... I've always known that Shawn has had his demons but I thought he was dealing with them... or at least trying. And it's not like he's a bad guy... he's just always gotten the shit end of everything that life has thrown at him. I'm not saying I condone what he did or I'm just okay with it... but I know him and I know he would never want to actually hurt me."