foot in mouth

ᗰᗩᑕᎥᗴ

ᗰᗩᑕᎥᗴ

ᗰᎥᗪ-ᗩᑭᖇᎥᒪ
ᗷᗴᐯᗴᖇᒪƳ ᕼᎥᒪᒪᔕ, ᑕᗩ

❤️

"What do you mean she's missing?!" Preston almost screamed into the phone as he, Cameron, and I all sat in his office on a conference call with his ex-wife Sunny Hall, former lawyer and infamous Hollywood fixer. She was like our real-life Olivia Pope and a full-fledged badass.

"I mean, her cousin filed a missing person's report two weeks ago. Apparently, she hadn't heard from Amber in a few days and she never checked in like she was supposed to. Look... my guys didn't have any trouble finding this out, Pres. Are you sure this wasn't some ploy to get me to answer your calls again?"

Cameron and I both glared at Preston, whose eye roll was enough to let us know that it hadn't been the case. I relaxed a little in my seat listening to Sunny as she continued.

"I have my people on the ground in Miami, getting info on your girl. We're looking around Hialeah right now, for any known associates. As soon as we have something, I'll let you know."

"Say it," Preston ordered into the speakerphone, causing me and Cameron to look at each other with confused looks on both of our faces.

"Preston..." Sunny warned from the other end of the call.

"Sun..." he responded, trying his best to bite back a smile.

"It's handled," was all she said before hanging up. Preston closed his eyes and moaned, as he leaned back in his chair, forgetting for a moment that he wasn't alone.

"Ahem," Cameron cleared his throat and Preston sat back up, adjusting his tie as we both gave him a weird look.

"So... yeah, we should know more soon," he said casually.

"You are so weird," I said, shaking my head.

❤️

As our meeting concluded, Preston stood to walk us out.

"Actually, Cam," I began, as they both looked at me. "Can I meet you by the elevators in a minute? There's something I need to talk to Preston about," I continued.

Cameron looked between Preston and me with a weird look on his face that I couldn't decipher, before he made his way to the door to the office.

"Sure," he mumbled under his breath.

"So what's up?" Preston asked as soon as Cameron closed the door behind him. I took a deep breath and folded my hands together on my lap nervously.